Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to rebuild my allison. I think the stage 3 kit will be enuff for me but what i am not sure about is whether it makes an improvment on the shift speed/firmness. Sometimes the stage 3 kit is listed with transgo shift kit, sometimes not. Does anyone have experience with this? What exactly is the diff between the stage 3 and 4 kits?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Give BigDipper a call his in Maryland

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
It does include the transgo kit! I would suggest you moving up to the Gmax kit. It is only a few hundred more and can hold alot more power. The stage III has been proven to hold 600 and 700hp trucks if it was built by the right person. But if it isn't built by the right person it can destruct with under 500 hp suck as Jakes truck did.

Jon

·
Registered
324 Posts
It does include the transgo kit! I would suggest you moving up to the Gmax kit. It is only a few hundred more and can hold alot more power. The stage III has been proven to hold 600 and 700hp trucks if it was built by the right person. But if it isn't built by the right person it can destruct with under 500 hp suck as Jakes truck did.

Jon
I was going to say the same thing(just ask jake)

·
Registered
201 Posts
how much for the trans rebuild?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.