·
Registered
208 Posts
call suncoast

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, thanks man.. i was hoping some place had them but i guess ill just call suncoast

·
Registered
686 Posts
what is the best tranny for my 05 lly , 450-500hp max ,,,,

suncoast v with the 6 speed conversion ?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
ok, thanks man.. i was hoping some place had them but i guess ill just call suncoast
You don't need to call Suncoast there are a bunch of vendors on here that are dealers. Put it in the price request section

the GMAX kits from Suncoast, the 6 speed conversion isn't worth the money unless you do a lot of highway driving

·
Premium Member
17,807 Posts

You should have Mike L build it -- you are not to far from So Cal and it will be done right! He will also tell you what you need- and not BS you.

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
x2 on Rob @ ATP just ordered Gmax 6, 1056, AD II from him. Awesome guy to deal with.

·
Registered
12,050 Posts
dont waste money on stage V they are to much money. buy a kit, have a good builder build it and you will be good

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
1-800-868-0053 is the number to Suncoast in Fort Walton Beach,Florida.....
ask for John in sales...

BTW a stage 5 trans is a fully built one,it is not a kit like the rest.When I got my stage 5 all I had to do was bring them the core,and they loaded my new stage 5 in the back of the truck.5800 bucks later I was on my way home with the stage 5 and all the goodies.When you decide on a stage 5 you'll be asked whether you want billet shafts,deep pan etc..All of which affect the final price....It comes with everything but the 23 qts.[roughly 5 gallons,give or take] of oil to fill it

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
Mike l the man....

IMO a stage IV done by mike is better than stage V suncoast
Explain the reasoning behind that...No doubt Mike L. IS one of the best:rockin Does Mike do anything differently??Not trying to stir the pot,I'm just wondering why you say that?

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
All the great builders have something special they keep to themselves. When you have one of these builders build your trans you get a blue printed unit with everything set properly and all the tricks he knows. Same goes for one of their shipped units. When you buy a kit, you get all the good stuff the builders use. What you don't get is the know how and tricks. Will the unit work well without the tricks? Absolutely if assembled per instructions and you make sure there is nothing else failing in the trans while you're in there.
If you run real big power, the building procedure will change and I would suggest a professional do it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts