Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys looking in to having a sunroof put in and just wanting to know if anyone has had this done and had any problems with them would like to see some pic's too thanks.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
In case my new truck doesnt come with one, im interested too!, BUMP!!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Me to any one ?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$600 installed is that good and still could use some feed back thanks

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Well...not to rain on your parade, but every single person that I know that had an aftermarket sunroof installed, eventually had water leaks with it.....and they weren't cheap installs either. I guess over time they just don't really keep seal at all.

·
Registered
487 Posts
NoName, do you know if that was by the dealer? I was going to get one done on my Tahe and the dealer would put it in. Just curious if the dealer has a better success rate....then again, do they on anything? Not really.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok thanks...they're offering lifetime warranty, so just curious, how long after installed was it that they started having problems?

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
A couple years until they started having problems.....but if it's a lifetime warranty, and you know they will stay in business, then go for it if you have the money....a warranty is always good! And it was not a dealer install, we just have some local shops around here that do "custom" rides....I'm talkin 100,000.00 custom conversions...and they sell/install moon roofs for about 800-1000.00.

·
Registered
987 Posts
i'd love to put a sun roof or electric rag top in my truck!!!!! subscribed to this one!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Im going to check in and see if any one does a tee top conversion. lol that would blow the sun roof out of the water !!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im going to check in and see if any one does a tee top conversion. lol that would blow the sun roof out of the water !!
yes that would be sweet you would have everyone looking then

·
Registered
766 Posts
:rockin:rockin:rockin:rockin haha!

·
Registered
26 Posts
just my 2 cents about the t-top but i would stay away if possible if your pushing a lot of power for sure. ik in the old cars that had em they had braced frames as taking away part of the pillar would decrease strength and thats just cars!

·
Registered
257 Posts
I would think that t-tops would really weaken the roof for something like a roll over crash. Just something to think about.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
FWIW ......... keep in mind that a sunroof is actually designed to leak. Meaning if there is a leak going into the cab it is likely an issue with the drain tubes rather than the seal.

And yes, there will be exceptions to this.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.