Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty new to this so I wanted to attempt to get some feed back from experinced people, I have owned my 2005 GMC 6.6 duramax since new, up to two years ago it was an everyday driving truck until I purchased a little nissan to for MPG to travel to and from work along with erands. I now use my truck mostly as a weekend driving along with hauling my 5th wheel camper and pulling my tractor to side jobs. Believe it or not it only has 80 thousand miles on it and well I started doing some upgrades, I have put an MBRP straight exhuast deleting the muffler and cat. and put an AFE stage 2 cold air intake. My question is I am looking at putting a programer on it, I am not looking to upgrade trans. or injectors just looking for something that adds some extra power along with better towing with out comprimising the truck I was informed that the superchip flashpaq was an all around good entry level programer that is simple to use and will not damage the engine or trans. I am hoping to get some feed back from everyone with experince in this, thanks alot.......

·
Registered
66 Posts
There's much better programmers out there than Superchips. I know a lot of people like PPE if you're determined to stick with a box style programmer but you can't go wrong with EFI Live. I'd suggest an Autocal from ATP or a preflashed ECM from duramaxtuner.com as the easiest routes to get custom tuning without the learning curve of doing your own efilive. Both will allow you to get the most out of your current setup, be safe on a stock trans, and offer on the fly tune changes

1 - 2 of 2 Posts