Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought a flashpaq off a member here for $90. figured it would hold me over til i could save up for a built trans and efi tuning. i put it on the 90hp tune and took it for a rip and i'm thoroughly impressed. is there anything i need to watch out for other than the 4-5 shift so i dont smoke my tranny. thanks guys!

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
you're fine to let it rip all you want. MY dads 2005 has been running that exact tune from 1,200 miles to what it has now, 195,000 problem free miles. tranny still holds perfectly

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great news. thanks bud

·
#SecretSquirrel
2,000 Posts
i had a flashpaq before efi the "performance" tune on superchips ran like a 50hp efi tune... but u will be fine through 5th i never had a limp issue with mine

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
I got really nice MPG's with my Superchips tuner

before i got my suncoast 5 trans i ran that 90HP superchip tune..Just dont get too wild with that tune,even though it's just a 90 hp tune,IT IS THE same tune i smoked my Allison on so be careful!Enjoy!!:drink

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok. i mean i never really beat the hell out of the truck. if im on the pedal hard its just til i get up to the speed limit (or a little over that)

·
Registered
379 Posts
I can run my 95PH EFI tune all day WOT without any trans issues. You can mash on it WOT until you feel your trans slip, once she does slip (if she even does at all, some stock trans hold up fine with 90HP tune for 100,000+ miles) then you gotta take it easy. Once ally slips once it gets easier and easier to slip it... have fun!

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Nope other then the 4-5 I would just day watch the downshift from 5-4... Other then that let her rip.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sooooo....it limped on me tonight. lol time to start saving for a suncoast i guess

1 - 9 of 9 Posts