Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright as most of you know after I got the stage 5 Suncoast tranny,I wanted to unleash a lil more HP[and beat the cocky Dodge down the road!:D]ANYWAY........So I got a PPEhot+2 and I love it...
here is the deal,I tried to tune the wife's truck[white 07LBZ in sig below] and all it does is read the stock file and say ''needs update'' see superchips.com .........OK,so I go to the site and try to update,NOW it seems they ''upgraded '' the way the site loads the new tunes or whatever,[[ITS SUPPOSED TO BE EASIER!!!].....when I do get the download right and all,it then tells me I have to have a x64 processor on my PC for this to work........SO I don't wanna spend God knows how much to upgrade the PC just for this!!
I call Superchips and the guy named ''RICK'' tells me with the original receipt they'll do it for 29.99 [and I have the bitch,it's just to find the original receipt!!:mad:]......................OR option number 2........I send it in and they charge me 79.99 to update.......EVEN THOUGH I REGISTERED MY TUNER ON THE SITE PREVIOUSLY AND THEY EVEN HAVE MY SERIAL NUMBER ETC.Sorry for the rant,but I think it's kinda chickenshit for them to treat a guy who has TWO of their tuners.........1 for my diesel[IIRC model 2805 ,I may have the models mixed up but I do own two tuners],and even one for my old 5.3 gasser[model 2815 IIRC] we traded to get the white LBZ....Guess I will call the shop where I bought it and try to get him to dig up the receipt???

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
That sucks Ive tuned a few LB7s with mine and it worked. Maybe mine is only for LB7 though. Never needed to update it.. Id call back and fight with "rick"

·
7,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear ya,it reads and copies the stock file,but the damn tuner says ''needs update'' see website....'

WEIRD THING IS: I can tune my truck with it and NOT the 07!WTF is that all about?

ANYONE?????????????

HAVE

IDEAS?????????????????????????????:confused:

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,976 Posts
Take it back to the guy you bought it from and have him update it for you. If he is a Superchips dealer he should have the proper hardware to update it

·
7,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah maybe he splurged to get the X64 processor for his PC!!hahaha thanks John,I'll def check that out!:drink:drink

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,976 Posts
No problem man.... You should just get EFI and then you could tune them both

·
7,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the guy I bought it from to update the Superchips tuner.......NOW,the new truck has a 85HP/150TQ tune and it is MUCH better,MPG's seemed to improve a good bit also,we'll see with time though!!85 HP added makes a BIG diff....:drinkSure makes the right foot more FUN:rockin

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
depending on when it was made it probably doesnt have the 07 calibrations yet.

superchips was always good to me o the phone...

·
7,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah,I had it for my 06lbz and it needed update,so I took it to the Superchips dealer and he loaded the update,I put it on my LBZ w/16k miles in March,07 by the way,it stayed on PERF until 110k miles when I added the SC5 trans.....now i run PPE lvl4:)

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
yeah,I had it for my 06lbz and it needed update,so I took it to the Superchips dealer and he loaded the update,I put it on my LBZ w/16k miles in March,07 by the way,it stayed on PERF until 110k miles when I added the SC5 trans.....now i run PPE lvl4:)
lol i used the mileagexs tune cause i got bomb mileage.

you got a built trans now turn that ppe up to the MAX!

·
7,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol i used the mileagexs tune cause i got bomb mileage.

you got a built trans now turn that ppe up to the MAX!
IDK man,I got better mileage on PERF than the MILEAGEXS tune........but it prob was due to truck having PERF only added since day one.....

Oh and as SOON as I get a lift pump,the PPE will stay on 6!!Now I run lvl 6 without issues,but if I get greedy or i show off with the truck I get a 0087[low fuel pressure code]......so that's why I stay on lvl 4!Nothing pisses me off more than killing a Mustang or whatever then have to pull over and reset a DTC for low rail pressure...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts