Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I've ordered the superchips vivid and have been trying to find someone some where that has used the thing. and can't find anyone. . .unless someone wants to chime in here. well it arrives tomorrow at the house, but I won't be able to play with it for a few weeks (half way around the world). If any of you all have it or get it can you please do a quick review of it. anxious to see how it is.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Not many people have it from what I know, most common are edge, diablo, ppe and of course EFI live. I used to have superchips but I ditched it cause it didn't offer what I was looking for

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I realize it's new. just hoping someone else out there has already had it and what they thought of it. can't find a single review from a mag or people. but since it meets several needs (being in a tablet). I went ahead and bought it along with a profab downpipe and mbrp 5inch exhaust. hoping to lower my EGTs.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
better add a mouthpiece to your list

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the lbz kodiak mp already.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well how is it do you like it and was there a good millage increase ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't gotten home yet from overseas. but when I do testing and modding will commence right away

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am available if you have any questions on the product. Looking forward to your review!

Scott
Scott, I can't wait to get back to the states and get my hands on it. I do have a question though. Are there any rags doing a review on it soon? I want to see what others think of it, but the lack of info is pretty high on this thing. but being that it's a tablet on top of a tuner made the purchase easier for me.

do you know if they will be making a doc for it? something like a dash mount that I can just slide it into when i get into the truck? if not I'll end up making my own.

·
Registered
46 Posts
We have articles in the works from Diesel World and Off Road Adventures that will be in print within the next month or two. Both will provide some great info on the product and its capabilities.

With the product we also include a windshield mount for your convenience so there is no need for you to go out and purchase one separately. I tested our advanced data acquisition software and the HD video cam mounted to the windshield of our test JK out at MOAB this year. Both the software and the mount worked flawlessly.

Feel free to contact me anytime you have any questions.

Scott

·
Premium Member
17,806 Posts
Nice to have Scott from SuperChips here. He can answer questions and provide additional information. SuperChips is a Forum supporter.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok quick update. I'm back in the states and currently testing with the mileagexs tune. if the mileage minder app is right I'm in the mid 20's (wife recently got 20 on stock tune and setup) while cruising anywhere between 55-65. most of my miles are done on the back roads. but I'm currently only about a 1/4 tank into this test.

Just a quick side note. I do not like the archos 43 that comes with the vivid. as an android device it lacks a lot of simple small features that go along way. I guess I'm use to my HTC incredible. but typing on the archos is horrible. double tapping, not tapping at all or just selecting the wrong letter completely after correct letter is pressed.

question to scott. should I be able to pull up EGTs? I see intake air temp and I know I can judge EGTs off that but was wondering if I could get EGTs? I haven't looked to see if there was an update for software yet but will shortly. thank you.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Unless you installed an egt probe then I don't think you'll have any way of seeing egts.

Sent from my phone, probably while driving and eating a sammich

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks gr8shot. For some reason i thought the computer kept track of that. Now I'm sure i was wrong

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok. ran through 2 tanks with just the mileage tune, stock exhaust and kodiak intake.

results so far.

before I installed I was seeing a 16.5 mpg combined avg. hand calculated after install was 17.5 (mostly hwy) and 17.1 combined (city, hwy and interstate). with the mileagexs tune.

today I finished up installing a 5 inch MBRP downpipe back exhaust and a profab down pipe. I will wait until after this tank of fuel to really calculate my mpg due to the fact I installed the performance tune and put at least 30 miles on it listening to the v-8 sound with a lot more turbo. so probably another week before I'm done checking this out.

superchips vivid side notes: when trying to install the mileage tune again I had a communication failure. it reverted back to stock tune and retried to install the mileage tune. it was a success. also, the unit froze while doing the mileage monitor so the odo on the unit is off by 10 miles. I noticed the freeze after messing with my phones navigation system. I don't know if the radio communication on the phone interfered with the bluetooth on the vivid but I do notice communication issues shortly after I've received a call or surfed the internet on the phone. (not while driving but in a parking lot).

scott is there anyway I can reprogram the odo on the unit?

I like the 1 mpg increase but wish I had actually gotten more. it's about time for an oil change so I'll see what that does after I switch oil and filters.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I will forward your comments to the engineer regarding the comm error when using your phone to see what he has to say about that. There is a possibility that the two were on similar frequencies causing the interruption but I will verify that to make sure.

To correct your ODO open Maintenance Minder and select the "Menu" icon. From there you will be prompted with an option to reset the ODO like in the image below.

Type in the correct ODO and hit the "Done" button once finished.

Restart Maintenance Minder at that point, then check on Mileage Mentor to make sure the ODO corrections were successfully migrated to that application correctly.

Any issues let me know.

Scott

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I will forward your comments to the engineer regarding the comm error when using your phone to see what he has to say about that. There is a possibility that the two were on similar frequencies causing the interruption but I will verify that to make sure.

To correct your ODO open Maintenance Minder and select the "Menu" icon. From there you will be prompted with an option to reset the ODO like in the image below.

Type in the correct ODO and hit the "Done" button once finished.

Restart Maintenance Minder at that point, then check on Mileage Mentor to make sure the ODO corrections were successfully migrated to that application correctly.

Any issues let me know.

Scott

I didn't think bluetooth and cdma were on the same freq ranges. but I'm def not the smartest guy around. for what the vivid is it is worth the money. and being an early adopter I'm sure I'll see some things most won't.

thanks for the info. I feel pretty stupid because after I posted that I got up this morning and was toying with the maintenance minder and found that. remembered that's where I put that info in when I setup the device.

I'm finding it hard to control my lead foot now. the acceleration over stock and the sound the exhaust makes now is just intoxicating. it brings me back to the days of my z28, but with more practicality.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts