Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 chevy Silverado 2500HD duramax extended cab short bed and I'm wondering what size support bearing I need. There are two sizes the 40mm ID and 35mm ID not sure which one fits my truck? Thanks again guys馃槃

Registered
I have a 2001 chevy Silverado 2500HD duramax extended cab short bed and I'm wondering what size support bearing I need. There are two sizes the 40mm ID and 35mm ID not sure which one fits my truck? Thanks again guys馃槃
Use your VIN# and go to a GM dealer website and it will give you the specific part for your truck. GMPARTSNOW.COM, etc.

Premium Member
Support bearing? Are you talking about a drive shaft carrier bearing, if so my 01 extended cab short bed didn't come with one.

Registered
If you are talking about the carrier bearing, it may be nearly the same price to have a new single piece shaft built. It was about 700$ to build and install the new 1 piece shaft for my 01, and it was only about 150$ less to replace the carrier bearing. The truck also drove much nicer with the straight shaft.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts