Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the other day on the highway I noticed power loss and surging. I have the 04.5 lly engine. I plugged my diagnostic tool in which I had codes for egr flow insufficent and some kinda glow plug issue. Is there a way to disable the egr valve to see if this takes care of the issue? If the egr is stuck open im assuming it wouldnt make any difference even if the egr is the issue here.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
it happens very seldom but have you changed the fuel filter lately.. i do know the PPE standard tuner disables the EGR..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I should have mentioned that I did replace the fuel filter to see if that would help the problem. I do not have the PPE I have the PMT not yet hooked up

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
thats about it from me but i'm sure someone else will chime in here in a few min.s..

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
it did on mine...

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
In your case i dont know that shutting the code off will fix it it seems that your egr is opening when it shouldent be to cause the surging!

Do you know the codes that were there, did it have a 404 to?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I unplugged the egr electrical connection to see of that would help. I drove it for a for 10min and it seemed ok till it reverted back to surging. The problem seems to get worse when i drive uphill (powerloss surging, unsmooth shifting). I ordered a egr blockoff plate to see if it will cure the trouble????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.