Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about changing to white door handles on my truck. Should I go to a junk yard and find a set off an LTZ or paint mine? Truck is white...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump...

·
Most Known Unknown
29,761 Posts
if they are cheap enough and worth the time to pull the door panels and install then sure go for it!

if painting just involves a body shop hodling the handle out and not having to do anything technical and its cheaper then do that too?!

thats a good question, i honestly think i would take the time and pull them out and take them to a shop and say here.....heres 80 bucks do it (primer, paint, clear, wetsand, buff)

and put them back in yourself!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How much of a pita is it to pull the handles?

·
Registered
413 Posts
they shouldnt be to bad. its just pulling all of the door panels and disconnecting the rods and theres probably a couple nuts holding them on. not a real big pita but a little one lol

·
Most Known Unknown
29,761 Posts
i have no idea!

i would imagine pulling the door panel off and locating where the handle mounts too on the inside of the shell

bolts from the inside and has a steel rod that swings with the handle as its getting pulled in and out

im guessing of course :)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That was kinda my guess just was wondering if anyone had any experience with them I feel like white handles would make it look better at a pretty low price

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought about plastidip but I figured grabbing the handle every time I get in the truck would make it look like crap after a few weeks

·
Most Known Unknown
29,761 Posts
$5 can, wont hurt to try

you know the routine, if you dont like it you peel it

my gasser peeled its paint on the inside RIGHT WHERE MY POINTER FINGER grabs

i dont think i ever touch the actually face of the exterior door handle....just the inner part of it when i open the door

i grab the wifes ass ya, but i dont full palm my door handles hahahahah

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts