Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just kidding. Anyone willing to donate towards a trans build. C3's and C4's are gone! Now she's looking sad in my driveway unable to move!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
It'll be worth it in the end. Built trans tunes are sooo much fun. Who's going to build it?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Closest reputable guy I've heard of is Brad at Calvins. But that's a 7+ hour tow from where I'm at. Still reasearching to find someone with a track record who might be closer.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
How far away is Van, Tx?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe they can ship one to you? Brad would be well worth that trip, man. He's good at what he does.
I dont have the resources to replace it myself or I would. Plus I don't have a way of resetting the taps. I will probably take a vacation to Louisiana and pay a buddy the fuel to have him tow it up there, (in his cummins).:(.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
just out of curiosity, how many miles on the truck, and what HP tune has been run the most?

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
You can't drive it at all? When I drove my truck to alligator I limped it about 5 times on the trip there.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Van TX? Not sure where that is. Google is a good friend. That's about 8 hours north from me.
Top Notch Garage is in Van, Tx. He does good work. Another option for ya.

Reactions: SoCalMike

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just out of curiosity, how many miles on the truck, and what HP tune has been run the most?
Truck has 94,000 on the clock. Had 32,000 when it was tuned. Ran Nicks race tune most of the time cause it gave me the best mileage, and skinny pedal satisfaction. First time it limped it tied up 3rd and 4th, the unlucky 777 code. Didn't think much of it cleared it and still ran it. After a few more times I turned down the heat. Now it limps on my optimized stock tune. Yes it's not completely paralized but it limps under normal acceleration. Just really unsafe to drive. Plus I don't want to attempt to try and drive it to Calvins and then be stuck on the side of the road if it decides to stop working completely.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Josh is another great guy. I forgot about him. Either one of those two will be great choices man.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got quoted 6200 for a built trans. Ouch!!!

·
Registered
4,585 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's what Phillip from Calvins quoted me for the removal rebuild and install.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.