Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well yesterday i drove approx 200 miles on the highway. Than when i was in the city and stoped at a red light i heard like a swick swick noise. So i openned both front windows to hear it when the truck will move.

I started slowly and i heard swick swick from the right side of the truck and it seems to be the rear wheel. It makes the noise when the wheel do a complete turn i guess... It doesnt make the noise when i go faster or when im not moving.

The noise is like when you sit on an old chair. Like something that need grease or something...

Can anyone point me some direction to look for?

Thank you!

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
your rotors more than likely have a little warp in them, or your wheel bearings have some runout. That sound is probably your brakes rubbing when the high spot goes through the caliper. If you cant feel it in the pedal and it still stops smoothly then I wouldnt worry about it. If you want some peace of mind then have them checked. Could be time for pads too.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
your rotors more than likely have a little warp in them, or your wheel bearings have some runout. That sound is probably your brakes rubbing when the high spot goes through the caliper. If you cant feel it in the pedal and it still stops smoothly then I wouldnt worry about it. If you want some peace of mind then have them checked. Could be time for pads too.
But aren't our pedals all electronic and not mechanical now? How would we feel it if it's an electronic pedal?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your help,

Im not sure it's a bearing thing...

When i'm driving pretty agresssive and the brake are hot i can definitly feels them shaking... I've done some pretty agressive braking in the last 5 months.

That might be the case

·
Registered
897 Posts
But aren't our pedals all electronic and not mechanical now? How would we feel it if it's an electronic pedal?
Throttle is Fly-By-Wire, not the brake...

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
only the throttle is electronic. We have hydraulic brakes with a hydraulic booster, this does make it a little harder to feel any warp in the pedal compared to the vacuum boosters but you feel in the rest of the truck. You dont get the same amount of feedback in the brake pedal but its still there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts