Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007.5 Chevy 2500HD LMM
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently deleted my LMM with a mini maxx and I’m looking to upgrade to EFI live.

I don’t know a whole lot about tuning. I’m sure threads have been made about this but the only ones I could find where 10 years old and the only advice was to contact a professional tuner. Basically how does it work switching from H&S to EFI live? Would I have to revert to stock before installing EFI live and the switch? From what I do know EFI live tunes can’t be loaded onto my tuner, but could I still use it for all my gauges? How does it work if my truck is already fully deleted but companies don’t offer delete tunes or delete capable autocals? I doubt it but does anybody still make custom tunes on that H&S software and maybe I don’t have to switch to EFI at all?

I’m asking all of this because I plan on upgrading to a RDS 66mm drop in turbo. I contacted their support and they recommended at least custom tuning for the turbo. I’m fairly new to diesel and ever newer to tuning so any help would be great. Hopefully this is the right place to post this thread.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Unfortunately buddy there is no "right" place to post this thread anymore. Deleting diesels has been illegal and they're dropping Thor's hammer. Regulations have changed on this forum and any discussions or references to the same are no longer permitted on here , in any capacity. Im sure once a Moderator wakes up this will be locked down for no further discussion.

The only thing i can recommend to you is maybe find a member on here with something similar to your goals listed in their signature - and send them a private message. And or, someone who has their location set to somewhere local to you that you recognize, and send them a DM

Good luck

Reactions: Batwolf

·
Registered
2007.5 Chevy 2500HD LMM
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scratch the EFI live question I got that all figured out. But still the other question still stands, can I use my H&S minimaxx for gauges to save some money rather than tossing it and getting a CTS3?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts