Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plain simple question
Can one switch tunes with the autocal
My dsp5 pins broke in the ecm
And its a headache trying to get them out -_-

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can but you have to go into the V8 I believe and then go to Devices, then to Options, then change it to advanced menu. I know on mine when I changed it to that it had that option but it wasn't working but I was also have problems with my auto cal at that time. Then when you get the auto cal plugged in and go to tuning options then it will say switch tunes, that option is close to the bottom in the tuning section

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ill try this in abit when i get back in the truck

·
Registered
201 Posts
You need to hook your auto cal to your computer first to change it to the advanced settings. And you will have to open the V8 scan and tune then devices and so on like I mentioned earlier.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You need to hook your auto cal to your computer first to change it to the advanced settings. And you will have to open the V8 scan and tune then devices and so on like I mentioned earlier.
Ok ill do this tonight then when im home thx

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Won't work on a 2006 or newer LBZ or LMM, only works on the 2001-2004 LB7 and 2004.5-2005 LLY models.
So basicly im forced to fix the dsp5 :/ meh such a headache

·
Registered
358 Posts
Which pin broke? if it's the ground one, you can just cut that off and ground it to the chassis somewhere.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Which pin broke? if it's the ground one, you can just cut that off and ground it to the chassis somewhere.
Ground is already on power is the one that broke :/ ive tried getting both out with safety pins, needles, nails and it wont budge, sliderr out or in ... One time i messed up the temp gauge ac stopped working and fixed it already though thats why i dont wanna back at it again :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts