Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 LT dually 4x4, PPE tune, exhaust, intake, stage 2 trans, upgrade turbo
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s going on everyone, I’m Dominic and I’m new to the duramax scene after driving the only truck the circles the problem and had me walking one to many times that I’d keep and pair of shoes in the back seat. I spent about 10-12 hours with a clay bar, wet sanding, 3 stage buffing with a real dewalt buffer, jet sealant and purple diamond wax the truck when I first bought it. This is a truck I like to keep clean/tow and I’m thinking about picking up either a 07 LBZ with 67,000 on it or a 2017 LP5 with 26,000 on it to use as a daily.

Anyways!! I could not be more happy about switching to duramax, what a world of a difference in power and just driving quality. I’ve owned 5 7.3’s and every one I’ve owned made it to just under 1 million miles. I decided to go with a lb7 because you never hear anything bad about them except for the injectors and cp3 but I’ll take that over a Ford any day. I am upset it took me this long to make a smart decision for once, doesn’t look had to work on compared to a 7.3 that you don’t have room to work on it. I learn how to fix everything on my own because it’s hard to find mechanics that you can trust let alone take you’re 550+ HP truck for a rip and catching them beating your truck like it’s their own, true story.

She’s not stock but not fully built, I plain to rip the motor out this winter to build it. I like to know my truck so what better way of ripping it out and building it yourself to learn your truck more.

·
Premium Member
10,730 Posts
Wow that truck cleaned up nice, welcome to the DF!

Reactions: Dmac221

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nice truck I recently picked up a 07 LBZ check out wool wax and fluid film I did the frame and pretty much everything on the under side of my truck I was really happy with it so far I’m going to reapply before winter again this year try to keep her from rusting out

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
Welcome aboard and congrats in your truck.

Reactions: Dmac221

·
Premium Member
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 LT dually 4x4, PPE tune, exhaust, intake, stage 2 trans, upgrade turbo
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice truck I recently picked up a 07 LBZ check out wool wax and fluid film I did the frame and pretty much everything on the under side of my truck I was really happy with it so far I’m going to reapply before winter again this year try to keep her from rusting out
Thanks, yeah I’ll check them out. I’m not a fan of undercoating, my neighbor owns a restoration auto body shop and I forget what he was saying he’ll do to the frame, but something about painting something that keeps the frame from rusting and also not look like garbage. When I see a truck undercoated I typically steer clear of what kinda mess is underneath it.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow that truck cleaned up nice, welcome to the DF!
Thanks man, I get lots of offers ever since I cleaned it up and we’ll over what I paid but I can’t do it because I like it a lot. Definitely cleaned up nice, I did body work grow up before I got a job in the union with my dad in NYC. I have an eye and for some reason I keep sticking to black even though I know it’s the hardest to keep clean.

the first 3 are the day I first bought the truck and then the others are what it is now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts