Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have always ran synthetic oil in all my trucks. This is my first diesel so here is my question. Somone told me that with mobal1 and royal purples oils in my truck all I have to do is change the oil filter when my dic says Change oil and that the oil never had to he drained because the oil doesn't break down. Is this true? I have had my truck for just under 1 year and 35k miles and I'm about to switch from conventional oil to synthetic.

·
Registered
335 Posts
absolutely not. you still have to drain it, the intervals are just extended.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just make sure the extended intervals meet GM warranty requirements. GM handles dino oil and synthetic the same way when it comes to oil change intervals.

·
Vendor
10,959 Posts
Whatever brand of oil you use there is a drain interval attached, unless you are using a bypass system and doing oil analysis. AMSOIL has a couple options for you and offers one of the highest efficiency EaO oil filters on the market today. It is a 98.7% effective filter down to 20 microns. Most get 50-70%. The first option is an OEM oil (about 7500 miles) called OE 15W-40 Diesel Oil. The second option is an extended drain oil CJ4 Premium 15W-40 Diesel Oil but with the newer trucks with a DPF you have to do oil analysis to verify there isn't a problem with fuel dilution. While we know in the DF world that the 9th injector on the LML cleared up the regen problem of the 08-10s but AMSOIL hasn't received enough information yet to increase the drain intervals yet.

If I can answer any more questions about AMSOIL for you, please let me know.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm planning on using AMSOIL's OE 15w-40 diesel oil with the EaO filters. I will probably change it every 5k.

I am an amosil dealer and will side with amsoil lol.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I switched to Rotella T Synthetic at 6000 miles.

·
Registered
255 Posts
My Plan is to use Delvac for the first 15K and them change over to a synthetic oil. I am still researching which oil to use.

·
Vendor
10,959 Posts
My Plan is to use Delvac for the first 15K and them change over to a synthetic oil. I am still researching which oil to use.
There is a ton of information here on DF about oil. The Search button will be your friend with this. After your research if I can answer any questions about AMSOIL, please let me know.

Have a great weekend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts