Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am running a stock lift pump and on my efi tunes (especially my 90 & 150 tunes) it seems as though my truck has lost some speed. if i get into the pedal about 50% of the time it seems to be a bit slower and just laggish in general it also hazes smoke through acceleration. is this my fuel pump going bad and my truck starving for fuel? ive considered it to be a tc problem but i question that due to the fact that it doesnt happen 100% of the time.

· Banned
24,781 Posts
How many miles on your truck? They also change fuels now so it might just be the new blend. Id change the fuel filter since its the cheapest option.

Worst case it could be the injectors if anything. Might want to get them balance tested :cool:

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
170xxx miles on the truck, I have had a bad tank of fuel so that may possibly be the issue. Ill have to get my injectors checked. Thanks for the help. Is there any possible way that it could be that my engine is not getting enough fuel?

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
X2! ^^

stock dmax pickups do not come with a stock lift pump.

i would look into getting one such as an airdog2 or raptor.

if i can help with questions or pricing feel free to ask :drink
Yeah sorry about that guys I honestly don't know alot about the fuel pump/cp3 setups on dmaxs. If it is a weak cp3 would installing a lift pump fix the problem?

· Banned
24,781 Posts
Yeah sorry about that guys I honestly don't know alot about the fuel pump/cp3 setups on dmaxs. If it is a weak cp3 would installing a lift pump fix the problem?
Yes sir :drink

· Administrator
19,360 Posts
If you know someone with an EFI Live v2, data log the truck and post the log during WOT acceleration.

Most likely your tune is asking for too much fuel and your CP3 can't keep up, which means you need a lift pump.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.