Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i get into my truck my system hits hard than it seems like only one speaker is working but i feel the subs and there both moving than all of a sudden sometimes 5 minutes later or 30 minutes later they hit hard again. Any ideas on what this could be

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
even if both speakers are moving you may not necessarily be getting sound from both, if you are you might likely be experiencing your amp being drawn too much on and heating up....the amp wont perform at peak when it is hot...there could be lots of reasons, poor ground, improper pwr wire size for amp size, what ohm setup are you running, is it bridged?

more info needed

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the amp cant b eto hot beacause it happens right when i turn my system on and i am running 4 gauge wires for the amp what it calls for ... the subs are set uo for 2 ohms and there not bridged i dunno wtf and also the ground is good i think i was thinking maybe the wires inside the box connected to the speaker are maybe a little loose or something i dunno but its really pissing me off....... When i first got the system it sounded choice and now it does this everytime so something has to be loose i woud think....

·
Registered
904 Posts
I would have also said amp overheat but I think you just answered your own question

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
yeah check for loose wires....

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I checked all the outside wires and there all good maybe inside the box

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
DMAX LML
595 Posts
If you have checked all the wires outside the box and they are good and your still having the problem then you need to check the wires inside the box

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
you can also check to make sure that your subs are wired correctly if you get a positive and a negative mixed up it can have the same effects. also loose ground

·
Received a Hummer
9,628 Posts
I would guess loose wire or maybe your amp is going bad.. how long is your ground wire? It should be really short.. And if you haven't used a clamp, make sure the wires in your box are clamped or soldered... I know some guys who actually just twist the wires on.. Also how many channels is the amp? Maybe the crossover or filter is going out...

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its a zx750 1 kicker amp whichj is only about 3 months old and 1 channel i have the little connectors on the wires in the box i will also check the ground for the amp

1 - 15 of 15 Posts