Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't get the tailgate open this past weekend becasue the little clips that hold the rods in the handle broke. Just got off the phone with the stealership and this little plastic clips sells for $10.61. I don't think he liked my humor when I asked if that was a pack of 10.
Now, to find out where I can bu these things for the right amount, without paying the light bill for the the parts department today.

Anyone have any ideas where to start?

HEEP

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
hmmm weird i got a pack of 5 i think it was for 3 dollars at my local auto parts store

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
They are freaking expensive. I know my dad borrow my truck the other day and gave me crap because i can spend all this money on performance stuff and i wont shell out $10 to get a new plastic part.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I buy parts for a living. We would pay around $.10 for that part. I picked up the ones from the parts store to see if they will work. A pack was $3.

HEEP

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
See I coulnt find any at the parts store when I looked just the dealer and he said "I bet it's the green clip."

·
Registered
435 Posts
I used zip ties. I know I'm cheap.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Best thing I found is a 3/16" left and right throttle rod clip. These metal clips replace the ever breaking plastic clips...never had a problem since!

·
Ask one to be one
5,660 Posts
Get the part number from the stealer and Google it. I am sure its out there cheaper.

·
Chevyman
174 Posts
I got a package of them from oreilly auto parts for about 3 dollars

1 - 10 of 10 Posts