Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was wondering if I would be able to take a TCM out of a 2006 lbz duramax both with the same vin# basically the same truck and just plug and play or would I still have to get it reprogrammed?? Thanks in advance.

· Registered
7,489 Posts
If they are actually the same, truckwise, and it will communicate with the ECM, it should at least start and maybe drive. Ultimately I think it will need to be mated to your truck. What you may think is the same truck may not be the TCM's idea of the situation. Try it and let u know how it works out

2 trucks with the same vin#? Not so sure about that. It has happened; some have purchased a new truck with a duplicate vin#, and they find that out when they attempt to register the truck.

· Former GM Tech and parts
4,251 Posts
They won’t have the same vin number, so it won’t do you any good without reflashing to the operating system information and vin for the truck you are putting it in

· Former GM Tech and parts
4,251 Posts
Pretty sure it won’t be plug-n-play because of a vin mismatch

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So this is probably a dumb question but I’m curious so I’m going to go for it lol. I was doing some research on some sites and came across the A40 plug and play TCM for 2006-2007.5 what make that plug and play or how would they make that plug and play for you?

· Registered
7,489 Posts
They would be doing the programming based on the ViN# you give them in lieu of the dealer doing it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts