Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
For the many of you who are having TCM problems, call John Kennedy, Kennedy Diesel, Loyal, WI and see what he can do for you. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
According to ALLDATADIY.COM. the TCM replacement is 1.4 hours (I guess the mechanic had a hard time finding out where the module was located) and the programming is 1/2 hour. I have no idea what your dealerships hourly rate is but a couple of hours for assessing the problem (I doubt it should take more than an hour) plus say 2 hours does not come out to $1600. I'm sure I don't know the entire story, but that's what I see from what has been presented.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Call JOhn Kennedy of Kennedy Sales Co, in Loyal WI. H can provide tested, programmed TCM's to you in the mail. All you have to do when you recieve his is to disconnect your batteries, pull your old TCM, Install the Kennedy TCM, reconnect your batteries. Ready to drive. All this assumes that your TCM is actually the problem. It probably is, but you never know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts