Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any places around Ohio I can find someone with a TechII? I need something done the dealer refuses to do.

How would I even go about trying to find someone who has one?

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Good question

·
Registered
362 Posts
What is it you are needing done? Is it something that can be done with a V2?

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was told if I reprogram my ECU and Dash cluster to that of a 2WD truck with all my options, when I put the truck in 4WD the indicator in the dash would light up as well as the one on the dial.

This is what I was told needed done.

"The dealer will use a MDI and a TechII going through ALDL port"

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
According to Duraburb in order to make the '4wd' indicator light up in the dash of a 2007.5+ pickup, all you have to do is have the dealer flash both the ecu and the dash cluster with the VIN info from a 2WD truck with all the options my current truck has.

How or why it works, I dunno, but I would like to have the "H" looking 4wd light come on in my dash when the truck is in 4WD instead of relying on the tiny indicator hidden from view by the gearshift.

Dealer says they won't do it.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow thats crazy.. I never knew you could do that!
Honestly, it makes no sense to me.

But, Duraburb has been making gas trucks diesels for a while and also does some really cool stuff with trucks that were never meant to operate in that manner, IE: Autotrac t-case with a duramax and ally, stability control with the duramax, etc.

I hope I can find someone to try this out for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts