Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought the Tekonsha Prodigy brake controller and getting ready to install it in on my 2007 Sierra Classic (2500 HD, Duramax, Allison transmission, 4wd).
The wiring harness that came with it says to install a 40A fuse in the J-case under the hood if the truck came without the TP2 (auxillary battery) option.
It also says to disregard the fuse if the truck came with the TP2 (auxillary battery) option. How do I know if I have the TP2 option. I have dual batteries, but I don't know if that is the TP2 option.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The easiest way to figure this out IMO is to either check if there is an actual fuse in the spot it tells you in the fuse block or if it is just a dummy fuse. You only need this fuse if you plan on having an auxilliary hot wire to your trailer such as interior lights or if you run a hot wire to your trailer brake battery. Good choice on the prodigy controller. It's the best on the market.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Look in your glovebox at the RPO codes. I would say about 95% of the duramax's sold have the dummy fuse in the stud 1 spot. That will give you power to the plug to charge batteries on your trailer and for enclosed trailers you will have power for the interior lights.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts