Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trans is getting built next week, and with Kory's built trans tunes I'd expect to be close to if not just over 600hp. With that said is this the "safe" limit in most cases? Or should this level of hp be cautiously used? I do not race, nor do I sled pull. Like most guys it will let loose here and there on the street, however. At this power level are head gaskets on borrowed time, or are they normally fairly reliable? Just getting an idea of reliability IF I decide to turn it up here and there. It sounds like the 550hp area is normally the stopping point of reliability from what I can find. I know bigger injectors are a tid bit of safety, with the correct tuning but bigger injectors arent going to happen. Too expensive in my eyes for the little bit of reliability you gain. I'm not that serious of a power enthusiast Sorryz! I read on some old threads guys were worried about piston failures, but arent the LMM pistons thought to be better than the LBZ pistons?

also, with sleeves, cognito pitman and idler arm supports, how safe are boosted launches?

Thanks for any input, just want an idea of the limits

·
Registered
187 Posts
i'll be shooting for similar marks I'd probably look at taking a similar tune for 500 ponies and keeping the same fueling down low bring on the power in the upper power band keeping the torque in check but adding hp up top. nothing is guaranteed though at this power....only one way to find out!

·
Registered
894 Posts
4x4 Boosted launches are fine with your front end setup, but I would still look at your cv shaft angles, and if they are not straight, I would lower the t bars down. I did this last weekend and its wayyy better than a 2wd launch! :thumb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts