Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New cluster install.coolant sensor.no leaks but tem.gauge fluctuates from 210-180.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep.But had problem before getting new cluster,that wasn't cheap.no leaks or nothing. Was thinking about replacing thermostats and coolant cap.Just cannot figure it out.Should I run it the way it is or not.?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Former GM Tech and parts
2,518 Posts
Do you have a way to watch the data to see how much the temperature actually fluctuates, such as a cts or cts2? The computer and what it interprets on the dash could show a ton of fluctuation, when the actual temperature is only moving five degrees.

Case in point- the cluster on the dash starts to read coolant temperature at 160 on my LBZ truck. I have a cts2 in the truck that I also monitor coolant temperature with. Actual coolant temp will barely be over 100 degrees and the cluster temp gauge that starts at 160 will already be moving. They use the same sensor for their reading, so the cluster gauge is not that accurate. And the cluster will move about ten degrees for every five that the cts changes when the truck is at operating temperature

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
180-210 on the stock gauge cluster “probably” isn’t anything to worry about because when that gauge says 210 the temp could very well be 190 or 195

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts