Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
#SecretSquirrel
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if i could use a piece of stove piping as a temporary muffler delete until i get an exhaust?

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
i was wondering if i could use a piece of stove piping as a temporary muffler delete until i get an exhaust?
I've seen this done countless times on gassers (Arkansas thing I guess), so I'd expect it to work just fine on diesels. Probably work better.

·
#SecretSquirrel
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i need to kno in like the next hour please

i need to kno if u think it would be worth it

·
Registered
193 Posts
get a piece of 3.5" flex pipe from a parts store and use that, it costs 16$. Thats what i did before i built my stack and it worked fine

·
Registered
100 Posts
IS there a reason you just cant wait for the new exhaust

·
#SecretSquirrel
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there are other mods i would like to spend money on first so im kinda leaning towards a temporary thing here

·
Registered
357 Posts
you could run it without for a little while until you get new exhaust. stove pipe will be hard to get to stay in place and leak air. id leave it off or take it ahd have apipe welded in.

·
Registered
686 Posts
just cut of the muffler and all the pipe and run the flex tube out the side , u be stylin

u really wanna get the kitty kat out of there to they rob power and cool sound

·
#SecretSquirrel
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya but it needs to be 27 inches long i can only find them 11 in long

·
#SecretSquirrel
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
or i was thinking the metal dryer pipe not the fiberglass

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Go to an exhaust shop, or a semi parts store. Im sure an exhaust shop will give you some spare pipe to weld up, and if not you should be able to buy any length of 3.5in pipe at a Truck parts store

·
Registered
100 Posts
Id just check the local scrap yards if ur looking for a cheap and quick fix... just weld someting up....

·
#SecretSquirrel
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok my buddy gave me his exhaust.... i am going to cut the front pipe and try to find someone around here that wouldn't mind bending it for me

·
Registered
684 Posts

·
#SecretSquirrel
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no jb weld man that stuff melts fast hahah... my dad said he would be glad to weld it up for me :) hope to get it done this week

1 - 17 of 17 Posts