Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 3500 6.6 duramax with 17,000 miles. At 15,000 the dealer replaced the turbo. Since it gets 11 mpg. It got 19 to 20 before, unloaded. We have taken it back to the dealer and they say nothing is wrong with it. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to look for? I think there in a problem in the program. But I know nothing about how to check any of it. Anyone with an idea let me know.

·
Registered
506 Posts
what motor does it have? lly or lbz not familiar with those years if its lly i recommend turbo mouth piece its really constrictive. as for your mileage i take it is a dually. but i would recommend exhaust system and if your close to a efi tuner get them to make you a economy tune or get a canned tuner. how long ago was the fuel filter changed. fill out your sig. sounds to me maybe a fuel filter if it was getting 20 unloaded and no its went down id start with fuel filter and see what happens

·
Registered
29 Posts
how are u determining your fuel mileage..??if its the readout i have had that thing not work..The only other thing is maybe they updated your programming while it was in there..17000 miles seems soon to take out a turbo did you find out the cause of it?? i have a 2007 dually and i have only ever got 14-15 mpg but i am loaded so 11 seems really bad..it sounds like they updated your programming..But i have been wrong before...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts