Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been a diesel fan since my dad bought a 1994 GMC 3500 with the 6.5 Turbo in it, he still has it and still runs like an champ. He also has a 02 Dmax and a 2010 Dmax. I'm not new to diesels as I have owned a 98 GMC 6.5 Turbo had it for a few years and traded it in on a gasser when it needed a ring job (btw worst mistake ever should have just kept it and fixed it). Since then I have missed owing a diesel and now am the proud owner of a 2004 GMC LB7 although it does have 131000miles it still has a long life ahead of it (took some convincing of the wife also as I traded in a 2010 GMC 5.3liter Texas edition with 20000miles). About to start the long process of draining and filling and replacing of all fluids and filters, just due to the fact that i have no idea what the previous owner did or didn't do and how the truck was used.

Working on diesels is not a new thing either, I use to work as an EMT for a company and became their mechanic as well. Which was working on the Ford diesels mainly the 7.3 Powerstroke

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
welcome to the forum man. You'll be glad you were able to talk the wife in to the trade, sounds like a keeper! (both the wife and truck haha)

post up some pics when you have a chance!

·
Registered
345 Posts
What part of Texas?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lubbock

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Welcome to the DF

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Welcome to the DF..............:drink

·
Registered
805 Posts
Welcome to the forum

- Adam

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
Welcome to the DF and congrats !

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
welcome :) another lb7 owner i am just north of fort worth. LB7 FTW. enjoy :D

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Welcome! I flew into Lubbock last december for a hunting trip.

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Welcome glad to see some more people from around this part of the country I'm right by amarillo post some pics up

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
772 Posts
Welcome from midland :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will be moving to Stanton,TX, where I am originally from, here in a few months.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Cool! What takes you out that way?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Big career change, and closer to family. My dad, grandmother, aunt and two uncles live in Stanton. I also have a brother that lives in Midland.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts