Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am sorry if this has been asked before. There is a lot to search through. I just bought a 2011 3500HD DRW with just over 30k on the clock and I am in the process of getting my Class A CDL. I would really like to delete my truck for obvious reasons. My question is, Will DOT care if I have deleted this truck? I live about 1000' away from a huge DOT check point and I will be pulled over. I do not want to delete it and then have it come back and bite me in the @$$. So To my fellow Texan Hot Shot drivers, do I need to worry about that? Or am I stressing over nothing? I already asked this question in kowclub173 thread and he said its not an issue, just put a muffler on it. But i figured why not make my own dedicated thread about this. Thanks in advance for any helpful info.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have an lml and it's stealth deleted (appears stock underneath) I'm also dot and have never been hassled. I can hook you up with tunes and advice on how to perform the stealth delete if you are interested.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I Have been thinking about this, I have a friend with a gutted DPF sitting in his shop right now. I was thinking of building a bi-mode muffler inside the original DPF and a resonator out of the Cat. A little history on me. I build 3" Modded Corvette mufflers. I cut the original mufflers completely apart and completely rebuild them to free up the restriction inside the muffler and make it sound louder and better than factory. Then on the quiet side, make it quieter than factory. Since starting this I have an understanding on how mufflers work and how sound waves work. I have an idea on how to build a bi-mode muffler with the original DPF housing. I just gotta source a 4" valve. So i can have the free flow and sound of a straight pipe and have the nice quiet side when i want it to be quiet.

here is a video of my old Z06 with these mufflers.

^^^ this fellow can get you some of the best tunes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
when the time comes i will consider this.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I am sorry if this has been asked before. There is a lot to search through. I just bought a 2011 3500HD DRW with just over 30k on the clock and I am in the process of getting my Class A CDL. I would really like to delete my truck for obvious reasons. My question is, Will DOT care if I have deleted this truck? I live about 1000' away from a huge DOT check point and I will be pulled over. I do not want to delete it and then have it come back and bite me in the @$$. So To my fellow Texan Hot Shot drivers, do I need to worry about that? Or am I stressing over nothing? I already asked this question in kowclub173 thread and he said its not an issue, just put a muffler on it. But i figured why not make my own dedicated thread about this. Thanks in advance for any helpful info.
I'd leave your EGR in place and gut your DPF, leave the DOC in place.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
I left the cat alone- (gets rid of the teary eyed stink) unplugged the EGR valve, cut the DPF in half lengthwise gutted it, installed a piece of 4" pipe with a few hundred holes in it, wrapped it tightly with fibreglass insulation and welded it back up. Poor mans glass pack muffler and keeps truck " in stealth mode!" The delete tunes work great and no problems over last 2 years!

·
Registered
318 Posts
I left the cat alone- (gets rid of the teary eyed stink) unplugged the EGR valve, cut the DPF in half lengthwise gutted it, installed a piece of 4" pipe with a few hundred holes in it, wrapped it tightly with fibreglass insulation and welded it back up. Poor mans glass pack muffler and keeps truck " in stealth mode!" The delete tunes work great and no problems over last 2 years!
I did the same except for simply knocking the insides of the DPF out with a long crow bar. I do get very slight drone at certain speeds, but not enough to bother me or my wife. Am curious if you have that, though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts