Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:drinkOk Guys newbie here.

I have an MBRP 4" turbo back exhaust that eliminated the Cat. At what I think is a cat. Is this going to fly come inspection time.This has probably been discussed elsewhere and I have looked but maybe not deep enough in this forum. I may even be posting in the wrong place but please help fellow Texans.
Thanks

·
Registered
609 Posts
find a place where the guys who tune their cars o and you will have no problems....theres always a cash tip to attendant too...i have had that one work in the past when it came down to my old trucks window tint being too dark....

·
Registered
107 Posts
lol good luck they are CRACKING DOWN on the exhaust I had a hell of a time getting my dodge inspected! And on top of that We got pulled over and got a ticket in east texas for having a straight pipe!

·
Registered
537 Posts
i hope it isnt too hard to get done...mine expired this month.:eek:

dodges are crazy loud with straight pipes...i think dmaxs are alot quieter.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Maybe someone can help me out here. I've only had my Duramax truck inspected one time, but I've had the old 7.3L Furd for 3-4 years.

They have never inspected the exhaust, is this something new?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Like said above !! You gotta look for tha right service station, mainly small town stations. Not the big boy stations !! Get to know tha guys that you find to do it, and keep'em happy (six pack, a little tip)..... :cool:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
By tha way !! I have no problem at all here in my small town, and I have the new body style with all the emission crap !!

·
Registered
107 Posts
jeepn012 "Maybe someone can help me out here. I've only had my Duramax truck inspected one time, but I've had the old 7.3L Furd for 3-4 years.

They have never inspected the exhaust, is this something new? "

I agree I have always driven straight piped diesels and have never had any problems until recently (last year or so)

·
Registered
12 Posts
just stick to southside inspection stations or west of downtown. Tell them to inspect it first before entering in the computer.

Last year I went by mistake to nearby Automotive Repair shop, my cat's on my f150 were plugged and it failed inspection. They had entered my info on the state computer system. I tried going elsewhere and I couldnt, there records showed I had already tried to get inspected. So I had to get them repaired and go back to the same place. Otherwise I would have cut them off and been done with it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
It just depends on where you go and who you know. Mine passed with no cat or DPF.

·
Registered
54 Posts
"Diesel powered vehicles and motorcycles are exempt from emissions testing, but are still required to have the annual safety inspection."

Quote directly from this site: Texas Department of Public Safety - Inspection Criteria for the Annual SAFETY Inspection

Sounds like someone is hosing y'all if they are making you pay for emission testing.

Well, this is assuming we are talking about a deisel, I mean this is "Duramax Forum" I guess I should have asked that upfront.

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts
No emissions testing, AND we get our own special sticker, different from the gassers that had to be tested. I've never even seen anyone bend down and look at the exhaust, but all of ours have the stock exhaust and aren't loud.

Once while I was watching, the inspector popped the hood to look around. I asked him, "What are you looking for?" He said, "I don't know, nothing I guess." :rof Check the lights and honk the horn..."$15 please." :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
u needing a state inspection for ur truck bro.
pm me ok

1 - 13 of 13 Posts