Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Got the factory downpipe out and the MBRP 3” Downpipe installed today. It sucked. Getting the dipstick in/out was a pain. I also haven’t ever removed my heat shield over the turbo, so I got it out of there. You pretty much have to destroy it. My band clamp was positioned on the bottom at the top of the downpipe, so I had to remove an electrical panel on the drivers side of the turbo to gain access to the band clamp bolt. All n all it’s just a lot of uncomfortable positions I had to contantly put my body in (like lying on the engine) and now it definitely hurts. Ha. But I got it finished! No leaks!

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Feels good to have that downpipe job behind me. I ended up finding my fuel filter head was leaking. I purchased an o ring/seal rebuild kit which fixed that right up! Super easy fix this morning before coming into work. Now she's parked in her spot at the office:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Haven't finished my traction bars yet. I know, I know. I'm not happy about it either. We recently had our new baby girl so I've been a little preoccupied. Hoping to find time before winter hits. For now, here are some recent photos. Can anyone guess their location?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Finally, I was able to accomplish quite a few things this weekend. I got my traction bars welded up into place and the TransGo Jr kit installed. I can definitely put the power down now!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Spent the weekend in Wyoming and had a beautiful campsite within Grand Teton National Park. Views were spectacular!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
In preparation for winter, I've mounted a receptacle for plugging in my block heater.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Been putting the truck through the paces this winter! No new modifications lately. I've only put on new Duratracs.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Picked up some FREE OEM cab lamps last night! SCORE! Gonna find a wiring harness and get these mounted up as soon as the sun returns to Colorado!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Cab lamps installed!

Got the cab lamps installed this week! Also gave the wheels a much needed spring polishing. Well deserved high five from my helper, Oakley!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Motodrew - Are you using the HUSKY Long John Fender Flares? Appears that you take them off while in town and add them when your on gravel?

What mudflaps are you running?

Note - Fellow Coloradoan here.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Motodrew - Are you using the HUSKY Long John Fender Flares? Appears that you take them off while in town and add them when your on gravel?

What mudflaps are you running?

Note - Fellow Coloradoan here.
These are the Husky Liners Kickback Flaps. I put REARS on the front as well to tie them into the Husky Long John fender flares more seamlessly. They are just hard to see sometimes at certain angles.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Been holding out on the full EGR delete for too long. I'm just awaiting the cold side pipe from WCFab now. Once that arrives I'll be ready to finish the job! Scored a used Topside Creeper just in time as well!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Got all the necessary pieces now! Gonna do the install first thing next week!

·
Registered
447 Posts
might consider wrapping that up pipe with some exhaust wrap since you have it available. Granted, not sure if its worth the time/money since you'd only have one wrapped (assuming the other isnt wrapped and assuming you arent pulling it out).

Again, just a throwing it out there in case it didnt cross your mind but is something you think you'd like to do. I paid $30-40 for the wrap and spent maybe 30-45 min wrapping?

Good luck with the delete. Kroil is your friend!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Install went fairly smoothly! Removing the downpipe again and replacing the up pipe went fairly quickly. I highly recommend this penetrant. Although I wasn't able to spray all the bolts, I was able to extract them cleanly.

, I've noticed intake temps are significantly affected in the city. With the stock intake, my temps were often within 5-10 degrees of outside temperature. Now I'm seeing intake temps nearly double when I'm stuck in traffic, for instance. I may try to fabricate a shield to block the engine bay heat in the future.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I've noticed intake temps are significantly affected in the city. With the stock intake, my temps were often within 5-10 degrees of outside temperature. Now I'm seeing intake temps nearly double when I'm stuck in traffic, for instance. I may try to fabricate a shield to block the engine bay heat in the future.
Glad the install went well.

You replaced a mostly plastic intake with a metal one. Its going to soak the heat up more. You might consider wrapping it.
Another thing you could do is put on a turbo blanket. Go with the springs if you do. Good luck with the wire if you dont :D

I went with a PTP TB simply because they made a DMax specific blanket. My build thread goes into detail but here is a pic of it installed.
NOTE: i'm not affiliated with PTP and get/got nothing for referring them. I paid full price for the blanket but like knowing its designed and mfg'd here in 'merica.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Engine bay cleaned up with some high horsepower stickers! :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Drive into work this morning...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Polished my driveshaft this week. Not quite chrome, but I like the look.

Also replaced my nameplate badges on the lift, courtesy of Fabtech:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Sold my stock running boards and installed the new AMP steps! Installation went smooth. Wiring loom was perfectly cut for proper lengths. Boards & linkage were all bolt on application for my LMM. Had to drill one hole for passenger side wiring to come into cab. Looks taller but it's much easier to step into now! Love them! Helps show off my clean undercarriage! :)

61 - 80 of 92 Posts