Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Had a sunset date with the wife's 4Runner...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Rented this glamper and had some family fun this weekend!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #83

Truck has been performing flawlessly. I am loving the new AMP RESEARCH steps. It is much easier to get in/out of the truck now. The entire family approves!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #84

Gotta love that midnight blue color!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Scored a great priced topper off an LBZ! The bed rails are a bit wider on the LMM, but the color matches perfectly! The cab lines are a little off too, but it's good enough for me! I have the sled deck 8 months out of the year anyhow.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Does anyone read these anymore? Ha.

Spent the weekend prepping for winter. Got the camper shell taken off and placed behind the garage. Got the sled deck back in and noticed I need to replace a few LEDs. Recently purchased the lower mirror lens WITH DEFROST and the 6 HIGH MOD from Boost Auto Parts. Both were simple and easy installations. Also got my oil changed and the undercarriage was touched up with a rattle can of semi-flat black. :) Now we just need more snow!!!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Does anyone read these anymore?
only for the pics of your pickup:grin2:

pardon my laziness, Is your pickup's rear stock height or did you put spacers in?

·
Registered
447 Posts
the 6 HIGH MOD from Boost Auto Parts. Both were simple and easy installations.
I was wondering when someone would make this mod.

Now... just need someone to make a black-out mod* (zero lights no matter what).

*that doesnt involve just pulling all the light bulbs!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Now... just need someone to make a black-out mod* (zero lights no matter what).

*that doesnt involve just pulling all the light bulbs!
Turn your headlight switch counterclockwise all the way to turn all lights OFF. The switch will spring back to AUTO but lights will remain OFF.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Decided to replace my factory fog lamps recently. A few of their mounting tabs had broken off and they were jostling around on every bump. The LEDs I had installed in the factory housing projected their light everywhere. Sure, they were hella bright, but this blinded oncoming traffic and was worthless in heavy snow or foggy conditions.

The new Morimoto XB LED fog light replacements focus their beam of light low, which is ideal for poor driving conditions. With them properly adjusted they provide great lighting of the roadway ahead and light up the sides/ditches as well. With the combination of the 6 HIGH MOD, these and my brights are more than sufficient!

Check em out here: GMC 5": Morimoto XB LED Fogs - Sierra Denali Yukon LED Fog Lights from The Retrofit Source

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
only for the pics of your pickup:grin2:

pardon my laziness, Is your pickup's rear stock height or did you put spacers in?
It's an 8" lift sitting on the keys, which makes it about 6" of lift. The rear axle is on 5" blocks. I keep a 1-2" rake from front to rear since I haul sleds and trailers so often. What this translates to is about 12" of wheel well clearance on the front and 14" of wheel well clearance on the rear (unloaded). Once it's loaded it sits fairly level and my headlights aren't shining into the sky. :grin2:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Replaced my steering box with a RedHead and new brakes. Not the most enjoyable job to do by yourself, but it goes fairly smooth with the right tools. Having an extra hand to line up the steering column woulda been helpful when putting it back together. After the alignment the truck feels like brand new! I shoulda done this years ago!

81 - 92 of 92 Posts