Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I finally broke down and joined the group! I have enjoyed reading and learning (a lot) from you all!
I am not sure I have as much to offer in return, but I will do my best as I learn!

I have had and loved my 2004 GMC 2500HD 6.6L LB7 (Vin code 1) for about 7 years, and around 140k miles... until recently!

Back in April of this year I changed my fuel filter (pretty standard), but failed to notice that the new filter I had purchased was missing most of the guts - it had the outer filter but no center... I.e. nothing more than a canister really.

Since then I have learned about the dreaded "Haze", "Making oil", etc.

I have recently tried to save some hard earned moolla and bought "reman injectors" and did the job myself (thank you all) for the instructions - lessons - tips - and most importantly the confidence!

However, I have also learned that what I would like to consider "good" or not-technically "new" injectors aren't always good at all.
In fact, 5 out of 8 appear to be "bad, or rebuilt to the wrong specs, or ?"
5 of the 8 balance rates are horrible - the fuel knock is horrible... the smoking is worse - the unburned diesel is dang near toxic.

Needless to say - I love my truck and have broken down and taken it in for proper repairs.

Anyway - hello to all and thank you for having me!

-Missing my truck in soggy Oregon!

·
WOOD... man!
4,209 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
10,442 Posts
Welcome to the DF!

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
welcome, hope you get back on the road again soon

·
Registered
209 Posts
Welcome from Montana !! I've vacationed a few times on the coast of your fine state.

·
Registered
16,262 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Welcome !

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Welcome to the site. Having more and more new members join is what makes this site awesome. There is a ton of knowledge in here and we all welcome what you may bring to the discussion.

Erick

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Welcome fellow Oregonian.

Who did you buy the reman injectors from? How log ago did you install them

1 - 13 of 13 Posts