Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as the title says i just purchased and installed efi live into my truck along with the dsp5 switch. ive always been hesiant on getting it as i was afraid of the whole computer deal.... well let me say its very easy to do if you can read and follow instructions. the autocal came loaded with my tunes already so i was pretty much install the switch , pull my factory tune, save it, then load my new tunes in and rock and roll:gearjamin.

did have a minor hic-up on my first attempt, got the 0281 code for communication error, made a quick call to atptrucks and cody helped me through it quick. he advised me to pull my abs fuse and radio fuse as i have an aftermarket stereo. customer service has been 100% satisfaction.

as for tunes......let me just say my truck has never run so smooth and responsive, even on the level 1 "optimized stock". the level 5 is more than i had ever expected it pulls hard yet smooth and egts arent any higher than stock prior to efi live. it will puff some black smoke if i lug it then hit it.

cant wait to tow my toyhauler in a few weeks when i get it out of storage!

as for mpg gains...time will tell, im too busy goofing around

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
Awesome! Glad you are happy with everything and truck is running the way it should be now :)

We appreciate the review and business, and as always, if you need anything feel free to call or PM anytime :thumb

·
Registered
521 Posts
as the title says i just purchased and installed efi live into my truck along with the dsp5 switch. ive always been hesiant on getting it as i was afraid of the whole computer deal.... well let me say its very easy to do if you can read and follow instructions. the autocal came loaded with my tunes already so i was pretty much install the switch , pull my factory tune, save it, then load my new tunes in and rock and roll:gearjamin.

did have a minor hic-up on my first attempt, got the 0281 code for communication error, made a quick call to atptrucks and cody helped me through it quick. he advised me to pull my abs fuse and radio fuse as i have an aftermarket stereo. customer service has been 100% satisfaction.

as for tunes......let me just say my truck has never run so smooth and responsive, even on the level 1 "optimized stock". the level 5 is more than i had ever expected it pulls hard yet smooth and egts arent any higher than stock prior to efi live. it will puff some black smoke if i lug it then hit it.

cant wait to tow my toyhauler in a few weeks when i get it out of storage!

as for mpg gains...time will tell, im too busy goofing around
Congratulations man...:thumb

·
Registered
162 Posts
just ordered my tuning last week. looking forward to it showing up. cant wait to see the difference....

·
Registered
96 Posts
Almost done getting money and friend money for our v2 man i cant wait... cody been really helpful

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
ATP's the bomb....... and the tunes are even better :thumb

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yup......i really like the 90hp tune......now i want a lift pump and trans!

but after doing my new injectors/waterpump/all new hoses and lines/efi live my truck budget is gone for now.

as for mpg gains, ive put 150 miles (on a new tank of fuel) using the economy tune. i know i was getting around 12mpgs with bad injectors and a cold winter. the warmer temps and new injectors im sure are gonna make it hard to know for sure if its the new parts or the efi live playing a bigger role in mileage.

but man does my truck sweet!!

had a week of run time on the new injectors then got my tunes after that and just the difference with the old to new injectors was night and day i thought...till i put the efi live in and instantly noticed a big difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.