Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a great experience with their ECM, DSP-5, and customer service and wanted to share this with the forum. I have no problem recommending them to anyone.

I ordered an ECM with 5 tunes, DSP-5, EGR blocker plate, and fuel valve.

Everything arrived on time and in great packaging, installation was extremely easy and with the exception of me not reading an email detailing what to do with the Autocal unit, everything went really great. Nick had me fixed up in less than five minutes of phone time and we were back in business.

I've seen a 1.5-2 MPG increase in the interstate @ 73 MPH. The truck runs so much better and I'm loving the tow tunes.

EDIT*** two more small things. The speedometer was corrected to tire height (285/70/17) and now reads as close to perfect as it can. GPS verified over 426 miles at random speeds. Note to others. When you drill the hole for your DSP switch, make damn sure that you're clear on the back side of whatever panel you decide to mount it in. I didn't. Now I have an extra hole in the left panel where the lights are located. My switch is now mounted nearly directly behind the blinker stalk. It's nearly hidden and there's no chance of bumping it.

Great product and customer service!

However......

Now I'm hooked and want MORE!!! So thanks for getting me addicted and I'm sure that my wallet will not be happy later on. :help

·
Registered
48 Posts
Dpf delete?

Mike

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dpf delete?

Mike
Yep. Flo-Pro 5" w/muffler, Cat and DPF delete. Night and day difference between stock and tuned with the exhaust set up as it should be.

Mileage was hand calculated by filling up to within 2" of the top of the filler neck, and dividing miles by gallons to refill. Speed and total miles driven are GPS verified.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I have nicks tuning! Drove 4 hrs to their shop and spent the hole day just hanging out. Bout to make another trip up there with a convoy of d maxs to let bob and nick to what they do!!! Thanks duramaxtuner! Bob my girlfriend misses your dog!

sent while working......

·
Registered
29 Posts
Use a hotter tune... I get the best mileage on his hot street tune when I drive normal... Hard to do though...

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
X2 I dd on his hot street tune (160 hp)

Sent from my phone

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Or something is wrong with your truck, you shouldn't be getting that bad, I get around 20-22 mpg on the highway

Sent from my phone

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've seen a best of 14.2 on the hot tune driving easy. The guys in the magazines that claim they get 23 or 24 cant work a calculator I guess:rof
guess it could be the calculator... but prob just your truck, id talk to him/take a log if ur mileage is really that bad since im running the same tuning and seeing 18+ highway 16 city... on 35s

1 - 14 of 14 Posts