Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTF!?!?! im 23, married, good credit score, wife has a great credit score, I have had multiple personal loans paid on time, my wife had a 10,000 dollar auto loan paid 2.5 years ahead of time......and I cant get a loan for 16000!!!!!!!WTF
they say I dont have enough "established credidt"
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
thats rubbish, i would go to another bank. check your debit to income ratio before applying (fudge the numbers if you must)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats 2 banks.....and we dont have any other loans out at all!!!! none. We owe nobody anything at this point all we pay is rent and utilities!!!!

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
lol you can have some of my credit...debt

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
Try a credit union. Often times they have better lending practices and offer better rates to members than banks. My wife and I switched over to a credit union from B of A about 8 years ago and would never go back to a large bank again. The credit union offers me much better and more personalized customer service. I have my own banker that I talk to and he actually knows my name. Crazy in today's world. This is the sort of banking I have been used to my entire life, as I grew up in a town of 800 people and banked at our small local bank. When we moved to the city we didn't have that anymore. With the credit union, all I do is call, talk w/ my guy and the money is there whenever I need it. Much better than a large banks b/s they put you through.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Are you trying local banks, or "big banks"? I've had 6 auto loans in the past, and when I went to the dealership for my dmax, most of the "big banks" said I didn't have enough credit history?? I also have a house, and my debt to income ratio is very good. Went though local credit union and got approved without a hitch? Don't know if you have it avaliable or not, but might try a local bank or credit union, sometimes they are better to deal with. Just a thought

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would have totally agreed with you guys and I still do in terms of more personalized service but the 1st place I tried was a credit union that I have been a member of for 22 years!! I really thought that would have done something for me.....idk

·
Registered
354 Posts
WTF!?!?! im 23, married, good credit score, wife has a great credit score, I have had multiple personal loans paid on time, my wife had a 10,000 dollar auto loan paid 2.5 years ahead of time......and I cant get a loan for 16000!!!!!!!WTF
they say I dont have enough "established credidt"
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
thats 2 banks.....and we dont have any other loans out at all!!!! none. We owe nobody anything at this point all we pay is rent and utilities!!!!
You answered your own questions. Banks don't want to see multiple loans, paid off quickly, no further history, no debt...no profit to them. They don't make money that way.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah that sucks, did they try running it with you and your wife? That's what we had to do with my wife's SUV. IDK. Keep trying, just don't go crazy with the applications, it will mess your credit score up with a lot of returns with declines.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I would have totally agreed with you guys and I still do in terms of more personalized service but the 1st place I tried was a credit union that I have been a member of for 22 years!! I really thought that would have done something for me.....idk
You said you are 23 y/o. Member since 1 year old? They could care less until you started handing them greens.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You said you are 23 y/o. Member since 1 year old? They could care less until you started handing them greens.
yea my parents started me an account there when I was one....they always made me put half of any b-day or christmas money or money earned from paper route or mowing lawns or whatever....half of it all went in the bank
so I've had money there for a long time

·
Registered
354 Posts
What is a "good" credit score to you? 700+ is good 750+is great.

Credit card debt?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my credit is right around 700 and my wife's is over 750
the only credit card we have is a gas card that is payed off every month

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I would suggest just saving money in the mean time. You're probably going to have to wait anyway, so might as well have a smaller loan when it comes down to it. If you ask most people that financed their vehicle you'll find alot that owe more than its worth.

BTW, If you wanting to boost credit getting one of those cards from lowes, home depot, sears, exedra and making the payments on time instead of ahead of time is probably one of the best ways to build credit from what I'm told.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
BTW, If you wanting to boost credit getting one of those cards from lowes, home depot, sears, exedra and making the payments on time instead of ahead of time is probably one of the best ways to build credit from what I'm told.
Correct, anyhting that isnt a necessity ie. car or house. can build your credit faster than a standard secured loan. I built mine with three recreational vehical loans, anything that is not a necessity REALLY helps boost your #'s. Be careful not to have too many inquiries as every one lowers your score DO NOT GO APPLY EVERYWHERE (lowers your score faster than you think) trying to get approved, find our why you are being turned down.

Credit cards are good if you pay them off monthly. If that is not an option, it is best to have less than 20% of your available balance used ($10,000.00 limit, use $2000.00 or less); CC companys like to see your availability to access the money and control not to use it.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Also, I have a credit score north of 800 and I got turned down with my first application for my D-max. WHY? Beucase the Dumbass at National City requested my loan ammount ($17,000) for a 2003 GAS 2500HD, the bank said no matter how low the milage on a 2003 (24,000 at the time) the truck could never be worth $17,000. When I asked why I was turned down, she gave me her explaination, i remineded her she was a dumbass and it was diesel. An hour later she called me with an approval for 17,000 @ 3.4%. Big banks are fairly decient on used car rates.

·
Word Up
3,517 Posts
i like to use my credit card on like everything above 100 or so just like a debit card (since 18... 25 now...)...not goin all out racking it up or anything, and pay it off when the statement comes. Paid 2 truck loans off one last year (25000) and one 4 years ago(15000) in less than a year of when the loan started. Have not had one prob getting a mortgage....Dunno how much/true it is that the side effects are not building credit..... good debt/income ratio is great so your doin something right.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This just in: The d-bag I was gonna buy the truck from just e-mailed me that he sold the truck yesterday! Before I knew about my bank being a d-bag!!! I told him I was waiting for an ok from the bank and he said he would hold it until tomorrow and he sold it....haha ....well I guess this one just wasn't meant to be. On goes the search. Do you think it might be easier to get financed through a dealer since they WANT to get rid of vehicles??

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Paying stuff off early while you are young is not all it is cracked up to be. Sure if you pay it off early you will save some money. That is considering if you have applied some addtional money to the principle. What is happening is the bank is loosing money by you paying it off early. The earlier you pay it of the better for you and the worst for them. Banks interest on loans is always towards the front of the loan. You pay the interest first and then you will pay the principle later. Therefore the earlier you pay off you loan the more money you save = the less money they make. So seeing early payoffs can actually be a negative thing in some cases because you don't develope a long history!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Save as much money as you can, wait a while and pay cash.....Cash is never turned away. I wish I learned this principle a while back, then you have a paid for truck. Taking out loans is just throwing money at other people (AKA the banks). Then you could keep that interest money and buy something else just my .02 cents. I hope to have my truck paid off soon and once it is I am going to save like crazy and use cash for everything I can minus a mortgage. Your right banks like debt they make their money that way. But if you can wait to buy a new truck and then pay cash your keeping all your money and not throwing any to the bank and most the times dealers will give you a better deal if your paying cash. Just my opinion, I am sure some people will not agree but that's ok not trying to start anything just stating facts.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts