Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 885 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting moving on finishing the truck up and it looks as though I'll have the money to complete it on the next few months. So I'm going to use this to organize things and get help for specifics along the way.
Here it is when I got it

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
First up was 18" Monsters and Recon Headlights

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took off the stickers and pin striping
Installed a Kenwood screen, Edge CS Race and MBRP Exhaust with all the deletes

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
A couple of interior upgrades including a passenger seat warmer
And that got me thinking about tail.... lights... so I did the Anzo LED tail lights

I used Night Shades on the third brake light. I want to hit it with the polisher one more time though

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I need to finish the install and clean up the wires and such. I added Kicker CS65 6.5" speakers in all four doors powered by a JL AUDIO 400/4. Then I did one 8w3v3 powered by a 250/1 JL Audio mono amp.
Along the way I got the nylon center console clip to replace the crappie plastic factory one that always breaks.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have Monday and Tuesday off, but Monday is slam packed and it's my wife's birthday so I won't be getting anything done. Hopefully Tuesday I can get the stereo straightened out. Also I'm removing the side steps. I plan on cleaning them up and coating them in POR15 and then some black Krylon fusion. I may put them back on and I may not. I'm also removing the molding and emblems. Hopefully the paint under the moldings is in good shape. Then I'm going to wash and polish the doors.
After that I'm probably going to do the front grille in plasti dip and eventually replace it with a black mesh grille.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
After that I'm going to do a pillar pod with Autometer ES gauges and mount the Edge in the bottom cut out.
As soon as I get my settlement I'm doing a built trans and Danville 68mm turbo along with EFI Live and selling the Edge.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

This is not my truck, but this is where I'm headed with it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Love the truck man!! But more pics of the patrol car please haha

Also Subbed!

Reactions: The Dude1

·
Registered
18,732 Posts
I'm on this build dude. Nice passenger seat warner. I have one of those as well. Lol

Reactions: The Dude1

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
I think your passenger seat warmer is one of the best mods thus far :thumb

Sent from rapid typo device

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Sweet looking Rig dude!!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Love the truck man!! But more pics of the patrol car please haha

Also Subbed!
I had a video in my C6 of him behind me going over one of the long bridges. By the time I got to the end you couldn't see him. The Taurus is nice and has a back up camera, but the trunks are way to small to get all your gear in there. Especially SWAT gear...

·
Registered
678 Posts
Nice looks clean. Got better pics of the indash?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice looks clean. Got better pics of the indash?

And here is where my dash is splitting apart in 2 places. My buddy said he can get a new panel.and install it for $300 so now I've got that on the list... awesome ... $300 for something GM should warranty

·
Most Known Unknown
29,682 Posts
my 08 gasser is cracked too, by the air bag and by the driverside pillar (plus the defroster panel but that was my fault for trying to...R&D) :eek:hno

sucks :(

gonna slit my wrists and jump in the ocean if my LML does it :rofl

oh ya, subd :high5

·
Registered
10,594 Posts
Definitely sub'd to see how this turns out. Truck looks great.

gonna slit my wrists and jump in the ocean if my LML does it :rofl
:rofl best thing I've read on here in a while.
A rather large drunk friend cracked the panel under my glove box while "attempting" to get in my truck. He will be the one replacing it when I get around to it:rofl

·
Registered
226 Posts
I had a video in my C6 of him behind me going over one of the long bridges. By the time I got to the end you couldn't see him. The Taurus is nice and has a back up camera, but the trunks are way to small to get all your gear in there. Especially SWAT gear...
Haha yeah man that's what my brother has, trunks SUCK! I had an impala but now in a crown Vic since I'm back on the road, and you could stick a couple dead bodys in the back of that thing!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Haha yeah man that's what my brother has, trunks SUCK! I had an impala but now in a crown Vic since I'm back on the road, and you could stick a couple dead bodys in the back of that thing!
I always had a Crown Vic. Our new Chief is actually doing all Explorers. We got 50 new ones this year. We still have some Crown Vics, but nothing newer than '10 I think. I got hurt in 4/2013 and they took my cruiser away. I've been at a desk job since while I sue the Dept for my Pension. They aren't arguing that I can't go back to the street after my three level fusion, but they dont want to give me my pension. Real first rate group of people.
The truck helps me keep my spirits up

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Definitely sub'd to see how this turns out. Truck looks great.

:rofl best thing I've read on here in a while.
A rather large drunk friend cracked the panel under my glove box while "attempting" to get in my truck. He will be the one replacing it when I get around to it:rofl
Oh man... the friend damage... I had girls break both visors in my corvette and open the passenger door into a curb... then my wife broke the clip that held the passenger visor into place. She also broke the clip that holds the center console closed.

1 - 20 of 885 Posts