Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it seems chevrolet is selling all of there ownership of isuzu:(. does that mean the end of the duramax? now if thats so who will make there motors next?
news quote below

TOKYO - Cash-strapped General Motors Corp. is selling the shares it holds in truckmaker Isuzu to two Japanese trading companies and a bank for about $300 million to fund its turnaround in North America, the U.S. automaker said Tuesday..
Disposing of the Isuzu stake marks the latest retreat for a company besieged by staggering losses, labor problems and mounting competition from Asian automakers. The move also highlights GM's rapid pullout from Japanese partnerships it has built since the 1970s.

·
Registered
11 Posts
No its not the end of the Dmax, theres been lots of discussion about this on other forums. I guess Dmax/Isuzu is a seperate entity of its own.

·
Registered
73 Posts
i wouldnt be worried....dodge doesnt have ownership of cummins.....and ford doest own international......they will just do it contractually like the other two if this is indeed true........Marc

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
EVERYONE MAKES A GOOD POINT i guess we should maybe worried if chevrolet and bankruptcy are soon to meet, and maybe no more period. ok that would be lil more fare fetched, if they went bankrupt they wouldnt go under im sure of! mercedes pulled chrysler out of bankrutcy . i also heard that chevrolet losses $1200.00 per vehicle not profits losses no wonder there goin broke i heard it was due to some deal they signed with the U.A.W association years ago and that the average plant worker makes $72 hr geesh i new i should of tried to get a job there years ago lol
thanks for reading my post
duramaxxed

·
Registered
26 Posts
high labor

That is a lot per hour, I thought they got 25-30per hour. It seems the unions were a big help in the past, maybe not so good for the long run.KY

·
Registered
4 Posts
what the $72 per hr. probably comes from the retirement,and insurance
that GM pays also plus their hourly rate. When GM agreed years ago to pay the hourly employees insurance it was cheap,not like now.So now its biting them in the butt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts