Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys I'm planning on swapping my tired 350 in my '72 C20 for a duramax in the next couple of months. I'd like to find out what everyone's opinions are on the LB7 generation of Duramaxs. I'd like to know what problems you had with them stock and with aftermarket parts installed. What's been the best things and the worst things, pretty much the general consensus on this generation. The more info that I can get the better off I will be on which generation I'll be buying...

·
Registered
641 Posts
Good Motor, No Smog BS to deal with, some of the 04 have smog, Fuel injectors 01-03, but GM is replacing up to I think 200,000 miles, do not quote me on the miles. Head Gaskets check those also.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
:rockinShow us a pic of that ole' truck

·
Registered
931 Posts
LBZ / 6 speed is hard to beat.

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
show us your truck when your done! would love to do the same thing your wantin too...

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
love mine. it is mostly stock motor is anyways. stock injectors at 160k miles no problems with them no black smoke at all. straight piped it. put on PPE BIV and light mod very easy stuff to do and love the mileage. 16.5 in town 21 on HWY great trucks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Which ole' truck are you asking for?

Remember its not the years its the miles :)

·
Slave to the Interwebs
9,954 Posts
That will be sweet. Take alot of pictures as I want to swap a LBZ in to my 70 Gmc

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The build is going to be broadcasted online the whole way through. I'm not the first to try it but I may be the first homebuild to try...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts