Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 329 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok boys and girls since someone got me a little wound up last night i think its time to settle this debate once and for all. (at least until next week anyway)

Here are the rules only people with LMM Duramax trucks should be chiming in to keep it honest and try and be as nice as possible to those who have different opinions then you.

The questions are....(it would really help if you laid you answers out like this)

With DPF MPG's - 12-14
Without DPF MPG's - 15-18

Any overheating while towing with DPF - yes
Any overheating while towing without DPF - no

Any warrantee clams with DPF - no
Any warrantee clams without DPF - no

·
Registered
138 Posts
My mileage stayed the same with and without the dpf so far, i'm hoping that will change, and i have experienced to overheating or anything that would need warranty work. So i guess you can say i'm happy without the DPF

·
Banned
4,544 Posts
My trucked picked up 1-2mpgs without the DPF. EGTs run alot cooler.

Warranty, :rof I was racing my truck, DPF gone, EFI Live and a built trans while I still had temp tags.

I also popped a motor, and never tried to warranty it.

My truck has been to the dealer 1 time since I bought it. That was for an oil change, which they put a ding in the fender, and thought my lift pump was for air bags :rof hasnt been to dealer since.

If I could have bought my truck without a warranty I would have.
I am at 50k right now, grunted I popped a motor racing, I have had no issues with my truck except a $4 seat lever.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why does this matter Buck?
well the only real thing i want to see is before and after MPG's becasue that guy really got me going last night with his 23mpg stock LMM BS...i know its pointless but i just want to see who all chimes in and maybe i can make a spread sheet of the before and after MPG's.

this is not a F**k the DPF thread at all and people who still have theres are welcome to post becasue i want there side to!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
With DPF MPG's - 12-14
Without DPF MPG's - 16-19

Any overheating while towing with DPF - Don't know did not have it on long enough

·
Registered
895 Posts
I have an LMM and I know of a friend that has an LMM neither of us have the DPF off and I am getting between 12.5mpg city and 16.5mpg highway on the DIC he is getting and I saw this on the DIC 21mpg stock and his is a long box 3500?? WTF?

·
Registered
877 Posts
I have an LMM and I know of a friend that has an LMM neither of us have the DPF off and I am getting between 12.5mpg city and 16.5mpg highway on the DIC he is getting and I saw this on the DIC 21mpg stock and his is a long box 3500?? WTF?
the DIC isnt always accurate you can make it say whatever you want! if he has bigger wheel/ tires that throws the DIC off to

·
Registered
167 Posts
With DPF MPG's - 12-14

Any overheating while towing with DPF - N/A (Gone The First Week)

Any warranty clams with DPF - no
Any warranty clams without DPF - no

·
Registered
662 Posts
avg 15 with dpf
avg 17 without dpf
no overheating, no warrenty yet (just a recal)
with a 6" lift, 20's and 35's

·
Registered
895 Posts
the DIC isnt always accurate you can make it say whatever you want! if he has bigger wheel/ tires that throws the DIC off to
How can you make the DIC say whatever you want it to, I would make mine read 17mpg all the time and fool myslef LOL

·
NewEST Spinny Thinggg
4,291 Posts
MPG with DPF = 12
MPG without DPF and current mods = 16

I didn't run it stock long enough to be able to comment on the rest...these numbers are around town and I just know this because I calculated the mpg before and after the mods...I got about 1.5 mpg more with the 5" exhaust then the stock with the dpf delete, no muffler, and no cat...the efi also gave me more of a gain then deleting the dpf but I dont know if it would have been as effective in doing so if the dpf was still intact...bottom line is that if there is no regen the you have to be seeing some kind of improvement because it's not burning the extra fuel

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
DPF on 9 mpg
Dpf on last winter averaged 5 mpg if you care to know
Dpf gone 12.5 mpg
Hopefully better this winter lol
Always hooked to 12000 lbs
Never overheated
only warrenty claim was a loose tie rod jam nut and of course a wheel alingment

·
HD TECHNICIAN
1,115 Posts
with dpf+cat+muffler - 11-14
without dpf+cat+muffler - 19-23
(on a 100hp tune)

N/A for overheating as I dont tow

Warrenty work for a rear axle seal but that was when it was stock, havnt brought it in for anything else. my dealer is very good to work with.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
with DPF 14mpg
without DPF quad 18mpg
with EFI 19-20
with twins 22
This is all highway

never had a problem overheating anytime

No warranty issues except for the crappy under coating

·
Registered
192 Posts
With DPF MPG's - 10-12

Any overheating while towing with DPF - I don't tow anything
Any overheating while towing without DPF - I don't tow anything

I am way happier without the DPF

·
Registered
286 Posts
With dpf 10
Without dpf 15
all hand calculated

·
Registered
196 Posts
I still have the dpf and im getting like 9 to 10, but i drive it like i stole it all the time. I am waiting to get rid of the dpf till i have a few more miles on it.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
With DPF MPG's - 12-14
Without DPF MPG's - 16-22 (depending highway or not)

Any overheating while towing with DPF - Didn't really tow when it was there
Any overheating while towing without DPF - nope!

Any warranty clams with DPF - no
Any warranty clams without DPF - no

So far every mod I have done in my sig has helped more and more. And As much as a grandpa I can drive this truck it just gets better. Getting EFI Live soon and wanna see my MPG's go up highly and most important is lower EGT's. Just for my daily driver and plowin personal stuff in winter.

1 - 20 of 329 Posts