Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2946 Posts

·
Registered
19,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, I thought it would be cool to show the progress of my truck over the past 5 years! I don't have 1 of it completely stock but pretty close. I bought it new in October of 2008 with 12 miles on it. I put 7-8 of those on it in the test drive. the first 2 pics are about 8-10 months after I got it. the next couple are shortly after some debadging and de moulding. I also had the tail lights tinted. at this point I also already had the 4" MBRP exhaust and quadzilla tuner on the truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
after 2 years and 25K hard miles the stock tires were shot! I went ahead and got some Cognito UCA's and new rubber. I decided to go with the Fierce Attitude M/T in 285/75-16 on the stock rims. in the mean time I also had a spray in bedliner installed and they also did the rear inner fenders.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
in these next few pictures I went ahead and got rid of my 4" MBRP and installed a diamond eye 5" with a 7" tip. ill be honest and say I never was truly satisfied with how it turned out. I adjusted it as much as I could and just wasn't happy overall! I also picked up a set of nfabs from a member on here since the coating on my gm ones started to peel.

Attachments

·
Registered
643 Posts
Keep going! What chapter does rims come into play!?

·
Registered
19,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
since I wasn't happy with the way the tailpipe looked I picked up a magnaflow tail pipe section and a 5"-6" MBRP tip. once I got it on and finished I was extremely happy with the outcome of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
820 Posts
Very nice ride man

·
Registered
19,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the above pictures take it up through last summer. last fall I decided to debadge the truck. the only thing left is the bowties and the 4x4 decal.

Attachments

·
Registered
430 Posts
Looks good man! How did you paint the bow ties on your center caps? I tried to plasti dip mine but they just peeled right off.

Alex

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
19,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks good man! How did you paint the bow ties on your center caps? I tried to plasti dip mine but they just peeled right off.

Alex

Very carefully. I masked them off and sanded them. Then primered and painted. It took a while! I'm not going to lie. Lol.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Very carefully. I masked them off and sanded them. Then primered and painted. It took a while! I'm not going to lie. Lol.
Lol thanks! I may have to try that cuz it looks really good!

·
Registered
19,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok, so these next pictures are late last year. I finally decided on wheels for the truck after looking for a solid 2+ years. I settled with a 18x9 fuel krank with a -12 offset. i ordered the last set that fuel had on the shelf before they went on backorder. I went with the 285/65-18 nitto trail grappler and am extremely happy with the turnout!

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
1 - 20 of 2946 Posts