Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1961 - 1980 of 2949 Posts

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
I can take a look man. If you use the same shock as the kyb's then yes it will work. What you have to do is pay attention to the mounting style and shock length.

I will mess around later if I get some time to look at shocks.

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
Would that be the same rear shock for a 2011?
It looks like it will. The direct replacement shock is RS999379. Extended length is 25.400in. compressed is 16.060in. travel is 9.340in.

RS999262 for lowering. Extended length is 23.830in. compressed is 15.280in. travel is 8.550in.

Mounting brackets are the same on both.

Bilstein 24186742 will work for you truck also I believe. Will work with 01 to 07 classic trucks too.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
I made a little progress last night, I stayed up until 4am working with the head porter and cleaning parts. I got the tank back up too.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
I made a little progress last night, I stayed up until 4am working with the head porter and cleaning parts. I got the tank back up too.
I had to scratch my head for a second or two (no coffee, yet) because your fuel tank is on the wrong side.... then realized that your cab is pulled and that's the bed lol

Reactions: Blue06Sierra

·
Registered
19,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,969
Clay barred the roof so the cab is finally done
Installed the rear shocks
Ran the wiring to the rear of the frame
Finished painting the drivers side frame rail

Next up is install front shocks and then going to start buffing her.

·
Registered
19,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,975
Yeah, I've got a cheap DA, but my brother's got a really good one, a Flex. Figured either use your stuff or bring my Menzerna gear...
You coming down for anything else or just that?

Because honestly I don't have a damn clue what I will be doing on it. Lol

·
Registered
19,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,978
Pulled the tires off and removed shocks tonight

Lubed the front end also while it was easy access and managed to pinch my forearm and put a puncture hole all the way through a decent amount of skin.

Passenger side shock came right off. Drivers side I to cut off.

Hoping to install the new shocks tomorrow night and put it back on the ground so I can start the 3 step on the cab.

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
Pulled the tires off and removed shocks tonight

Lubed the front end also while it was easy access and managed to pinch my forearm and put a puncture hole all the way through a decent amount of skin.

Passenger side shock came right off. Drivers side I to cut off.

Hoping to install the new shocks tomorrow night and put it back on the ground so I can start the 3 step on the cab.
Antiseize......

1961 - 1980 of 2949 Posts