Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just droppin to say hi to everybody. Im obviously new or i wouldnt be posting in the introduction thread. Ive got an 02 Duramax and i love it. Ive had to for two years now and i wont ever have anything else. I havent done a whole lot of mods to it. I kinda live on a farm and use to work so i really dont have it all decked out. Does any body have any suggestions for an intake thats prolly the next thing im gonna try to do?

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
welcome to the site...good question and to be honest i wouldn't worry about a CAI(cold air intake)kit unless you do a turbo upgrade but you can do a after market drop in filter from Amsoil,AFE or S&B and then use the money that you saved put it towards a built tranny and EFI..just a thought

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh alright thanks. Yeah i need to be savin for a tranny, cuz i think mines fixin to go tits up on me and i aint really lookin foward to payin for that. Im not sure whats wrong with it. Do you have an knowledge in the allison trannys. Or does anybody who reads this. It acts like its slippin kinda sometimes. When i really get in it it will run way high on the RPMs and wont shift sometimes its almost like its hangin up. But ill let out of the gas a little and it will shift. But it dont do it all the time just when the tranny temp gets a little warm.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
the allison tranny is known to hold 4th gear on hard throttles but the way to fix that for now is to ease out of it untill it hits 5th gear but as it gets worse it will do this with lower gears so i would plan something like this in the near future..you can do a stageIII tranny with the 1056 converter for like $2k but to do it right i would go with the stage IV from Suncoast or PPE w/t 1057 converter..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It already is doing it in low gears, thats where the main trouble is. It dosent really tend to do it in 4th or 5th. It mostly does it in 2nd and 3rd. Whats somethin like the stage IV gonna run me if the stage III is $2k. And what exactly is all of that. Im not to educated on a lot of mods yet

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts