Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not new here but figured i would post up my most recent purchase. 06 lbz ccsb LT 102k miles, clean title, southern one owner, paid 18k for her. Pretty clean overall but as you can see in the picture im going to have to get the driver front fender repainted (idk how that even happens?). I sell a lot of dmax's on my lot and i was going to sell this one. However this is the first lbz ive had on the lot and once i drove it for a while ive pretty much decided to keep it and tow a car hauler with it.
looks way to boring and plain so first up im shaving everything, wheels and tires, leveling kit, and darker window and tailight tint. Any other suggestions??

The brush guard is for sale in the classifieds section if anybody wants it!

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Rig looks good man, you got her for a steal from how it sounds!

Can't really suggest much other than general stuff like an egr block/delete, pcv reroute, exhaust and maybe some efi to get some better mpgs out of her.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rig looks good man, you got her for a steal from how it sounds!

Can't really suggest much other than general stuff like an egr block/delete, pcv reroute, exhaust and maybe some efi to get some better mpgs out of her.
Definetly plan on a dsp 5 and efi, just figured i would get her looks in order first. (guess im kinda backwards on it o well). I was going to get the damn egr blocked asap also, it will throw my service light correct? then when i get it tuned they can tune that out?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
It's all good man, everyone has their priorities, nothing wrong with that. As long as you're happy with your rig thats all that matters.

There is some scratching of heads when it comes to the CEL and egr blocking. Some say that if you have code FE9 in your glove box then it will not throw a code, however i have no experience with this.

You can either install a fingerblock to eliminate your CEL or as you mentioned tune it out.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Wheels make everything look better, unless they are 26"s on a Caprice.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Nice truck

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wheels make everything look better, unless they are 26"s on a Caprice.
Haha wait I thought that was cool? Thanks for the compliments hopefully I can move a few units asap and get to modding.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nvplzd just saw your from warrensburg got a few friends that go to school there, if you know where hanibal is I'm just north of there. I will prob just go ahead and throw a blocker on and if it trips my light just ignore until tuning.

·
Registered
363 Posts
You sell dmax's eh ? Where abouts are you ? I just sold my truck, in the spring time im looking to come down an buy an lbz and drive it home. Ill be in going to tennessee/kentucky for 10 days end of march... send me a pm if you want.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
nvplzd just saw your from warrensburg got a few friends that go to school there, if you know where hanibal is I'm just north of there. I will prob just go ahead and throw a blocker on and if it trips my light just ignore until tuning.
NorthEast side of the state right? I think i know where it is area wise, but can't say I've ever been through there. Small world isn't it? Well if you're ever in my area feel free to give me a shout or something man.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NorthEast side of the state right? I think i know where it is area wise, but can't say I've ever been through there. Small world isn't it? Well if you're ever in my area feel free to give me a shout or something man.
Will do man im always driving all over picking up vehicles so who know when ill be that way, if you find any dmaxes i can make money on over there u got a nice finders fee comin your way haha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts