Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that some people are running hotter thermostats. Are they better? What are the best after market thermostats for duramax?

·
Registered
4,174 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Where can one get a hotter thermostat? I haven't heard of these before.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Better fuel economy.

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Someone was sayung diesels run better when they run alittle hotter? Is this true?

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Is your name supposed to be dieselmafia?:eek::rof:rofl

Buy a prius.

I don't think anyone makes them for our trucks anyways.
Yah, why would you want better fuel economy? dummy. But on a serious note, My stock stats dont let the temp much over 176 unless I run up and down the interstate liked a raped ape. A hotter stat could be a good thing. Pruis' dont plow too well anyway.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Is your name supposed to be dieselmafia?:eek::rof:rofl

Yah, why would you want better fuel economy? dummy. But on a serious note, My stock stats dont let the temp much over 176 unless I run up and down the interstate liked a raped ape. A hotter stat could be a good thing. Pruis' dont plow too well anyway.
Ya I forget why but it didn't work when I made my name...... It might just be me but don't you think the engine was designed to run in a certin temp range?:cookoo[1]: anyways the OP has good tuning so if you drive it right you should get good mpg...keep in mind this isin't a prius

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Yah, Ive read that higher operating temp can yield a slightly better mpg, but even with my winter front on, it doesnt get over 176 unless my foot is in it for a while

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Oem

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Someone was sayung diesels run better when they run alittle hotter? Is this true?
YES.

The 7.3 Ford guys have been doing this for years....research the 203F thermostat they use.....

If you're looking for the slightly higher temp aftermarket T-stat, look up "Mishimoto performance" for the parts.:neener

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
I beta tested the mishimoto one years ago, along with their Duramax radiator hoses (which suck ass btw, bottom one leaks like a bitch because it does not use a factory style connector). didnt notice a bit of difference

1 - 14 of 14 Posts