Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am looking at a 2005 GMC 2500HD with a 6.6 it has 114000 miles. Are these good engines and about how long should one last with proper maintenance. It is a one owner vehicle. Have owned a 97 Sierra 1500 for 9 years and need something bigger to pull a 5000 lb camper. Most of my friends have F 250s but I want to stay loyal to the GM brand.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
welcome,and yes they are good trucks,thats the same year i just bought around 5 months ago with 90,000 miles just go to the lly section and read up,click on fourms top left corner and scroll down to the section,some have problems with head gaskets,or wiring harness problems ,,Just look it over real good and check everything,,good luck,some others will chime in and help out

·
Registered
2008 Silverado 2500HD
896 Posts
Although you didn't get my personal favorite year (2001), your 05 has the LLY Engine which is great. Like 05chevy3500 said, spend some time reading the LLY section of the forum. Lots of great information and may give you some ideas on modifications! When, not if, you do buy a Duramax, be sure to fill out your signature letting everyone know what your truck is, so they can be quicker to help you out.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Your friends aren't really friends, cause friends don't let friends drive fords.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
welcome to forum and agreed with what the rest have said use the search function it is your friend!

follow JWC around if you want some laughs!

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
:welcome

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Welcome to the forum