Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats yalls take on water meth thinking bout installing a kit ? what kits would yall suggest in going with? and what kits do you have and how do you like it

·
Registered
931 Posts
I picked up a Coolingmist stage 1 kit used at a good price. I installed two nozzles, one before my IC and one after (you can see both of them in the pic)

I spray 100% distilled water... just looking for some EGT reduction and it does just that. Nothing crazy... maybe 100 degrees max. My truck will make 30psi of boost and my intake temps in the bridge haver never broken 100 degrees (that I have seen, they might on a hot summer day)

Just noticeably less smoke and slightly more boost. I only spray about 17-18psi because of what I'm using it for, so my little gallon tank lasts a while like this, but you would need a much larger tank if you are looking for a towing/mpg meth type setup.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
iam just wantng some ideas Iam mostly looking at it for egts for sled pulling. but might do a mpg kit if i could make them work together or would the mpg kit work for pulling to?

·
Vanned this place
8,124 Posts
who make a kit like that? what kit would you suggest in buying ?
The Snow stage 3 mpg/max is what I have and will do what you're looking for.

Devils Own is a vendor here, not sure what their controllers will do, but I'm sure D.O. or Coors will jump in and tell you

I'm pretty sure Labonte has a system that will do what you want too.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
There are some forums on here and maybe one by me, but that is where they say to put them..it's a snow max/mpg and I put all three nozzles for lower egts, better mpg, and ponies..

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok yea I wasnt sure cause ive seen and heard of them being before and after the ic I thing iam going with the mpg max kit

·
Registered
622 Posts
do you get better mpg runing strait water or do you have to run meth to get mpg+hp

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
lower egts with distilled water, also meth..don't run anything over a 50/50 mix..windshield washer fluid is like a 30/70 mixture, thats what I'm running..a lot of people run washer fluid, it's cheaper than the snow mixture..these kits can gain you up to 70+hp..

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.