Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm thinking of buying a 02 duramax truck and i've got some serious questions about the life-span of these trucks.i don't know the mileage or anything else about the truck,other than it's a 02 and the color.i currently own a dodge and it's getting old,"the truck is,the cummins engine won't wear out" and i work for the railroad,and thus do alot of traveling,so i need a newer truck. the whole truth to the story is,i can get the truck for around 8,000.00, it belongs to my wifes friend and shes getting it back from her father who is letting it go back,so here i am with the decision,but or don't buy.given the legendary performance of the cummins, i should say the older 12 valve,it should really not be hard to figure out.if anyone here can sum up the problem and convince me that this is as good truck and engine,i will be all ears. thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
we have an 01 and an 02 that both have well over 100k and are doing great.

·
Registered
20 Posts
my cousin, he is 53dc on here, has an 02 with 270000+ on it. Dont think he has had any problems other than injectors. I dont think however it is going to outlast the cummins.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NO! i they don't make one that will,i just could not pass up on this good a deal.....even if it will not be as durable as the old tried and true 5.9.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts