Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 03 lb7 it already has a 4 inch turbo back exaust or at least down pipe back. does any one know where i can get a performance down pipe or if i need one? my truck also has a western performance chip i think its kind of weak. i recently purchased the banks ram air intake system also. i thought my transmission was going bad because if i floor it in 2nd and 3rd gear the truck will sit at about 3k rpms and when i let off it will shift any sugguestions the truck has 131k on it i want to make it faster my buddys hemi beats me pretty bad with my truck shifting funny and its kind of embaressing help please

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
have you change the external Tranny and Fuel filter lately,try that and i think your problems will go away and to keep that from happening again keep them change every 8k to 10k miles..that is embaressing if a hemi beats you,in your other thread i mentioned doing the PPE and with that on there you'll have to give him a head start so you don't beat him to bad..

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
When is the last time you changed your fuel filter? That will cause your tranny to shift weird.

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
I'm Daring you to put it on there!!!! DO IT!!! You'll love it!

Ryan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the advice what other upgrades would i have to do besides the ppe to support my new found power? i know i would have to do transmion stuff but what about the fuel system, manifolds, intercooler, water methanol, internal work i just find it hard to belive that i could get that kind of a power increase with just a chip and not have it destroy my engine i want 500-600hp if i can do it for around 4k including transmision stuff is that possible? thanks for all the help guys im new to diesels its all good so far

1 - 6 of 6 Posts