Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father had his 18’ L5p serviced for the block heater . ( they dented the passenger fender by the way) anyways When he got the truck back he changed the oil. Now I know there’s a typewriter tick noise because I have the 19 l5p, I know it’s normal bla bla bla but this does not sound right to me. Any concerns ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,538 Posts
What is the dealer going to do about the damaged fender?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Coincidentally, I just changed my oil in my 2017, and afterward I noticed a more regular and pronounced ticking similar to this that was different than normal. It caught me off guard and I double-checked my oil level. It was good. It has me wondering if I shouldn't use the Delo XSP 5W-40 oil. So I guess I can add a +1 to the original question.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is the dealer going to do about the damaged fender?
Since I have created this topic , I also brought my truck to the dealer for the same recall a week later . When it was done not only did they dent the same fender , they dented it in 4 places ! Truck only has 2200 miles on . Dealers SUCK

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Coincidentally, I just changed my oil in my 2017, and afterward I noticed a more regular and pronounced ticking similar to this that was different than normal. It caught me off guard and I double-checked my oil level. It was good. It has me wondering if I shouldn't use the Delo XSP 5W-40 oil. So I guess I can add a +1 to the original question.
It’s even more common for the tick after a fresh oil change . Mine does it as well. This tick my father experienced was just a little more louder than average that’s why I made the topic . Usually the ticks aren’t consistent and come and go.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Doesn't sound like my l5p. I've got a little tick, especially since I just changed my oil, but it's not random like that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts